Dinosaur rehab?

AndyMagic

Original Poster
According to Mouseplanet, Dinosaur is rumored to be scheduled for a three-month rehab from April through June. Is this still just a rumor or has it been confirmed yet? I'm visiting Disney in May and I will be very disappointed if it is closed. Anyone heard anything?

Yen_Sid1

Originally posted by AndyMagic
According to Mouseplanet, Dinosaur is rumored to be scheduled for a three-month rehab from April through June. Is this still just a rumor or has it been confirmed yet? I'm visiting Disney in May and I will be very disappointed if it is closed. Anyone heard anything?

Yes. But more like 6-8 weeks.

Disney2002

I hope it's back for my trip in June. I find it to be a really great ride, in spite of what others think. My guess is 3 months is a long estimate. Since so much of the ride is in the dark, it can't be much asthetic work.

AkEverestAK

it better not be down during spring break, thats when everyone is there and that would be a major mistake and keep people from going to Animal Kingdom. I think it starts April 20-30

Yen_Sid1

The big 2 weeks at WDW is the week before Easter and the week after Easter. So that would be Apr. 4 -17. And the Dinosaur rehab will probably be soon after that.

Spectroman2003

Originally posted by AkEverestAK
it better not be down during spring break, thats when everyone is there and that would be a major mistake and keep people from going to Animal Kingdom. I think it starts April 20-30

If anything, if they close Dinosaur, they will have all those people there with even more of nothing to do. It will be a disaster with crowds everywhere. Why don't they do rehabs at night? The park does close at 4 or 5 everyday. That's more than enough time. They are painting Splash Mountain at night. Why not Dinosaur? HELLO?

Yen_Sid1

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
If anything, if they close Dinosaur, they will have all those people there with even more of nothing to do. It will be a disaster with crowds everywhere. Why don't they do rehabs at night? The park does close at 4 or 5 everyday. That's more than enough time. They are painting Splash Mountain at night. Why not Dinosaur? HELLO?

It depends on the scope of the work. Painting is okay at night. But when you have to add new things and tear out old things and change the ride controls. That takes a lot longer. Then they need a test and adjust period to make sure everything is working alright. Then they have to re-train the operators.

johnvree

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
My son is so looking forward to that ride in May.

Why are they rehabbing already? :cry: :cry: It's only 6 years old. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ToTBellHop

rides need to get rehabbed every couple years, and it's May. Disney does rehabs during the off season (and in season, in some cases)...it's a fact of life and maybe Stitch's Great Escape will open early to make up for it (different park, I know, but at least some consolation).

Disfan44

I feel your pain

We are also going in May and my son was also looking forward to riding Dinosaur. I wonder if it still might be open since the rehab is rumored to happen?

ToTBellHop

Confirmed Rehabs

As per Disneyworld.com:

TriceraTop Spin will not be operating February 9 - March 16, 2004.
Dinosaur will not be operating April 19 - June 1, 2004.

Snow White's Scary Adventures will not be operating April 19 - May 21, 2004.

Wonders of Life - open seasonally
Test Track will not be operating February 29 - March 2, 2004.

The Backlot Tour will not be operating January 4 - April 1, 2004.
"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure will not be operating May 3 - June 30, 2004.

johnvree

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
As per Disneyworld.com:

TriceraTop Spin will not be operating February 9 - March 16, 2004.
Dinosaur will not be operating April 19 - June 1, 2004.

Snow White's Scary Adventures will not be operating April 19 - May 21, 2004.

Wonders of Life - open seasonally
Test Track will not be operating February 29 - March 2, 2004.

The Backlot Tour will not be operating January 4 - April 1, 2004.
"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure will not be operating May 3 - June 30, 2004.

Snow White too. Why don't they just throw the WallyWorld Moose out there to tell me the whole place is closed.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
This is horrible. My favorite ride in Disney will be closed when I'm down there and will re-open 5 days after I leave. APPALLED I SAY! They better be doing something usefull to the ride! We all know what happened when The Great Movie Ride was closed for like 6 months and only change was a paint job! :hammer: Disney is just too speedy for me. :rolleyes:

Disney2002

When it comes to rehabs, don't forget that so much that has to be done is unseen. Replacement of mechanical parts, etc... it can take time and we're none the wiser.

And, in my opinion, the great movie ride isn't that great. The poor Alien animatronic. The PAINFULLY boring sequence moving through the Tarzan room. GMR is one of the top contenders for a redo, if you ask me.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by Disney2002
And, in my opinion, the great movie ride isn't that great. The poor Alien animatronic. The PAINFULLY boring sequence moving through the Tarzan room. GMR is one of the top contenders for a redo, if you ask me.

i completely agree. i felt exactly the same way after riding it just a few months ago.. i remember being blown away by the attraction back in the day.. but by now the movies are becoming more and more outdated by the day, and the attraction screams UPDATE ME!!!

johnvree

Look out Denial-stage, here comes Anger.

Why in the world does it take so long to rehab an attraction? I have to assume that Disney does not want an attraction down any longer than it has to. Think of how many people will not go to AK because Dinosaur is down. Certainly if I were a local, I would not go for a day trip with one of the big three rides down.

So if Disney doesn't want an attraction down any longer than it has to be, my next assumption is that they do everything they can before they actually close it down. If vehicles need to be replaced, make the replacement vehicles first; if some of the dinosaurs need replacement, make them too; if parts need to be ordered, order them first. This way when the rehab time comes, all you are doing is installing, painting and cleaning. If that takes longer than a week, you need to hire more people for the job.

I just don't get it. A construction crew of 8 guys can build an entire house in 6 weeks....

Wah, wah, wah.... I know.... I'm going to bed.

Ahhhhh.... but just remember... Eisner is one cheap @#!@$. So a job that would require 10 people to do, he'll skate by with 5 people just to fatten his grubby pockets. Call me crazy, but back in the days when Disney worried more about their guests than their pocketbook, I don't believe rehab took nearly as long. But then again things weren't neglected like they are now either. :hammer: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom