Dinosaur just went down...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Sounded more serious than a quick fix.

I was in the standby queue, close to heading in to the per-show when they rather abruptly told us we all had to leave. The manager said she "didn't expect" to re-open today. They had the line do an about face and walk out.

Usually if the problem can be solved reasonably quickly, they let you wait (happens at Test Track all the time). This didnt happen here.

Anyone know the story?

MerlinTheGoat

Besides the cast member comment, i've seen a ride and line cleared out before- Expedition Everest back earlier this year. Ride stopped and they had to evac the people. They told people to leave. But they did give them anytime fast passes for compensation. It reopened about an hour or two later.

Beats me what happened, but i just wanted to share this information.

menamechris

I was in the standby queue, close to heading in to the per-show when they rather abruptly told us we all had to leave. The manager said she "didn't expect" to re-open today. They had the line do an about face and walk out.

Usually if the problem can be solved reasonably quickly, they let you wait (happens at Test Track all the time). This didnt happen here.

Anyone know the story?

I hold you responsible. If it is not up and running by this weekend - you are in big trouble, mr! :p

Btw, hope it's not pouring there like it is downtown...

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
I hold you responsible. If it is not up and running by this weekend - you are in big trouble, mr! :p

Btw, hope it's not pouring there like it is downtown...

It looks threatening here, but no rain yet.

The manager in charge of the evac was a little cranky when people were asking her what happened. She just kept abruptly repeating "it's closed!". I wasn't impressed.

menamechris

It looks threatening here, but no rain yet.

The manager in charge of the evac was a little cranky when people were asking her what happened. She just kept abruptly repeating "it's closed!". I wasn't impressed.

Yikes... I would hurry up and get in line at Everest. You know that's where everyone will go now...

RSoxNo1

I've been evacuated off Dinosaur in the past. Considering that this attraction seemed to be the original "B-Mode" attraction it doesn't sound like this is an animatronic issue. It's often running with missing or broken animatronics.

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
Aaaaaaaaaand it's back up (and PACKED right now because it's raining). So, the manager was just being a bit gloomy with her prediction!

Bender!

Yeah, I think if its something thats not a quick fix, they send everybody away. They're just eager to get the public out of there so they can focus on getting the attraction back up and running as quick as possible.

Horizonsfan

Anyone know the story?

The only time I've experienced anything like that was at M:S. The CM was very flustered and shooed people away in a hurry. Later came to find out it was when the first death occurred. Very weird day.

Thank goodness it wasn't anything like that!

Katherine

There were some pretty severe lightning strikes in the area which were affecting the rides at Disney. I know over at Epcot things were a bit out of sorts for a little while around that time because of the storm.

Neverland

If you're going to be waiting in line for more than about half an hour without moving, just waiting for the ride to come back up, they usually will dump the queue. Generally they dump the queue whenever they evac something, because rides are usually only evac'd if it's going to take a while to fix the ride, just so guests aren't stuck in their vehicles for half an hour. It happens at Universal, too; they dumped the queue and evac'd at MIB after the ride broke right as we got to the front of the line after waiting 45 minutes. The difference is that Disney will give you readmission passes; Universal will give you nothing.

daikonjam

The difference is that Disney will give you readmission passes; Universal will give you nothing.

I got stuck on the seuss trolley a few years ago and they gave everyone 1 time use express passes. (we used them 3 times, but heh, we were good like that).

CarlFredricksen

I was evacuated off Dinosaur in May. As we were being helped off, the workers came to our car and started doing work to our car, and no others. I asked the guy what was going on and he said this car gets 'a little sensitive' and needs to be reset pretty frequently. He said the reason they don't permanently fix it is bc of $$$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom