Dinosaur has seen better days

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Haven’t ridden since I first created this post.

When did they stick a flashlight to the side of the vehicles that shines on all the scenes?

sedati

I wish my final ride had been better, but I do love this attraction and will miss it. My favorite thing about this is the ride photos where my whole group looks like their on a rollicking adventure and I always look like I'm at a really engrossing Ted Talk (honestly true for almost all ride photos as I'm usually in a "take in every single detail" mode.

rle4lunch

Failed maintenance doesn’t make a ride trash. The potential is still there for both versions to be great (which Indy is).
Have you ridden indy lately? We live in San Diego and go frequently to DL. Indy is great, WHEN it runs, which is about 50%of the day. The fire effects have been turned off for about 3 years at least, projections in the cave aren't there, sounds aren't synced, and the Boulder effect is on the Yeti strobe mode.

The ride is great when all this is working.

Dino however, is not a great ride. It's mediocre storytelling and the effects have aged as well as Figments fart jokes have. I'm so happy to see it go the way of the dodo.

Addo

I wish my final ride had been better, but I do love this attraction and will miss it. My favorite thing about this is the ride photos where my whole group looks like their on a rollicking adventure and I always look like I'm at a really engrossing Ted Talk (honestly true for almost all ride photos as I'm usually in a "take in every single detail" mode.
Same! Reckon rode for last time in September. It’s probably my favourite ride at DAK. Not sure why. I think it’s the physicality of the ride system combined with darkness.

JustInTime

Have you ridden indy lately? We live in San Diego and go frequently to DL. Indy is great, WHEN it runs, which is about 50%of the day. The fire effects have been turned off for about 3 years at least, projections in the cave aren't there, sounds aren't synced, and the Boulder effect is on the Yeti strobe mode.

Dino however, is not a great ride. It's mediocre storytelling and the effects have aged as well as Figments fart jokes have. I'm so happy to see it go the way of the dodo.
Admittedly, no. I don’t get why the ride doesn’t get more maintenance. Didn't it get a lengthy refurbishment recently? Like, a couple? It’s so strange.

rle4lunch

Admittedly, no. I don’t get why the ride doesn’t get more maintenance. Didn't it get a lengthy refurbishment recently? Like, a couple? It’s so strange.
It's been in sad shape, even after the refurb. I have no idea what they even worked on while it was down for a month. Actually all the rides at DL are going down more frequently, but Indy and SM are the two biggest offenders in the park.

peter11435

The fire effects were definitely working in July. The Boulder effect was also working properly again.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Did you see this on multiple vehicles on multiple rides? On first guess it feels like someone left something turned on that should have been off?
It seemed to be on all vehicles. It was on both sides, so it wasn’t a guest. Here’s a photo of the light shining on the floor before unload:

IMG_6710.jpeg

And the wall:
IMG_6709.jpeg

It turned on/off at various points in the ride. Seemed like it was programmed to be on at certain points.

VicariousCorpse

It seemed to be on all vehicles. It was on both sides, so it wasn’t a guest. Here’s a photo of the light shining on the floor before unload:
And the wall:
It turned on/off at various points in the ride. Seemed like it was programmed to be on at certain points.
Those are the safety lights that come on when in load/unload.
Screenshot 2023-10-06 101114.png

They turn on right after Dr. Seeker says, "You made it!", when turning into the hallway after the time traveling effect. You can see them in the mirror when you turn.
Screenshot 2023-10-06 101353.png

I don't know if they are programmed to come on during the ride though.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Those are the safety lights that come on when in load/unload.
View attachment 747120

They turn on right after Dr. Seeker says, "You made it!", when turning into the hallway after the time traveling effect. You can see them in the mirror when you turn.
View attachment 747121

I don't know if they are programmed to come on during the ride though.
They came on at various different points throughout the ride. Notably, stayed on the whole time.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Just rode twice more. Side lights turn on and off intermittently throughout the ride. Definitely intentional. I’m not sure if it’s new (I don’t remember it in the past), but shining bright LEDs on the scenes definitely brighten them up.

It’s mainly in the first half and end of the ride. Previously fully dark scenes now are illuminated a bright LED

VicariousCorpse

Just rode twice more. Side lights turn on and off intermittently throughout the ride. Definitely intentional. I’m not sure if it’s new (I don’t remember it in the past), but shining bright LEDs on the scenes definitely brighten them up.

It’s mainly in the first half and end of the ride. Previously fully dark scenes now are illuminated a bright LED
I see what you mean now. When you pass by the first few dinos, it sputters to life a few times. You can see the light from it in this 2015 video at 1:05 in the top left corner as you approach the raptor. So it has been around for a while.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Minor update, but just got off Dino and all of the figures were fully animated (except the pterodactyl of course). Only real noticeable issue was the doors to the first time travel tunnel were permanently held open. Maintenance was standing by unload seemingly on standby for any issues. I know this ride has a considerably high maintenance cost but at least as of now they are not just letting it wither away, the maintenance and show standard is being upheld! :)

cjkeating

Minor update, but just got off Dino and all of the figures were fully animated (except the pterodactyl of course). Only real noticeable issue was the doors to the first time travel tunnel were permanently held open. Maintenance was standing by unload seemingly on standby for any issues. I know this ride has a considerably high maintenance cost but at least as of now they are not just letting it wither away, the maintenance and show standard is being upheld! :)
That is good news! I'm visiting next week for (I would expect) my finals rides so hoping to see it go out on a high. One of my favourites rides in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom