Dinoland replacement.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
Here is my second attempt for a replacement of Dinoland USA. In the first attempt, the average of the Excavation Coaster was a lot smaller than it should've been, so that has now been increased.

Here's one without marked sightlines:
Finished V2.png

Here's one with marked sightlines:
Finished V2 with Sightlines.png

Here's a before and after gif:
V2.gif

And here's a gif of my first version to my second version.
V1 to V2.gif

I don't really see the need to alter Dinosaur to a great extent. The area can be placed in Central America. The story can be slightly altered, making it a remote experimental facility in a Central American Jungle. The ride is already dressed like a research facility and is very isolated.

The excavation coaster is people looking for dinosaur fossils in a South American mountain. The mountain's aesthetic would most closely resemble the green side of mount Prometheus in DisneySea picture below while being substantially shorter.
1610759819576.png

The Indy ride entrance is an Aztec temple, which fits the Central American theme. I know the main complaint would be that it doesn't fit the Animal Kingdom mission statement of animals, but since Indy is focused on Archeology, it could be a search for the Aztec's connection with a mythical creature.

Last edited:

Tip Top Club

Why the decision alter the location of the land from the US to South America?

Indiana Jones is a great parks property, but not in DAK. I would love to see ideas for more dinosaur and/or American animals to flesh out this land, but I agree about keeping dinosaur.

ThemeParkPriest

Nice project there! It seems like there isn’t much going on in Dinoland these days, especially with Nemo getting canned and Primeval Whirl not operating. Your project would bring a lot of excitement to that part of the park.

I didn’t realize this until now but all of the US Disney parks have a U.S. section. They must figure that U.S. visitors like to have an area that feels familiar. But Animal Kingdom still has The Oasis, which could suffice as the less exotic land. I think Indiana Jones could work at Animal Kingdom if it has a focus on nature. Would we have previously thought that Avatar would have worked well in Animal Kingdom?

Why the decision alter the location of the land from the US to South America?

Indiana Jones is a great parks property, but not in DAK. I would love to see ideas for more dinosaur and/or American animals to flesh out this land, but I agree about keeping dinosaur.
mythica. the lost world possibly part of beastly kingdom? Have Mythica, the lost world feature monsters like Scythian dracanae, Laistrygonian Giants, drakons, empousai, Clazmonian Sow, manticore, and many more
make them perfect for mythica, the lost world which is part of beastly kingdom.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I think Indy belongs in Hollywood Studios

... but if it were to go in Animal they wouldn't have to change everything in Dinoland. I think that Disney would want to be thrifty and just retheme Dinosaur to Indy and turn the digsite into an archeologist's digsite.

J4546

id like to share my dinoland idea....very rough unfinished sketch but this is what i have so far. Basically I want to flip the harbor to the other side of the river and then build a launch coaster (yellow square) that takes you out over the lake. some really close calls just skimming over the lake really fast and in and over the jungle surrounding it and volcano (brown circle). I just feel like volcanos belong in dinoland lol. Now, the green area that used to be a road between the harbor and dinosaur ride is now a plaza, seating area overlooking the lak and you can watch the coaster flying around for cool kenetic energy. I feel like that area would be really cool. Thats All i have so far, but the main takeaway is launch coaster, getting rid of road and opening up area as plaza overlooking the lake

Attachments

• dinoland.jpg
    dinoland.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 141

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom