Dinner Shows?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
Am I the only one or would you like to see more Dinner Shows at Walt Disney World. I love Hoop Dee Doo and the Laua is okay, but I think that Disney needs more. I would like to see a show with a cast performing hits from Disney's Broadway shows. Any other suggestions.

That would be a great idea. There is also Mickey's Backyard BBQ. It is more line dancing with Characters and Cast and singing(Not Disney Broadway Tunes), but it is a ton of fun.

graphite1326

I just remembered. It wasn't a dinner show but one time while staying at All Star Sports, they had a BBQ. That was about 10 yrs ago though. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

As far as dinner shows yes I would agree. I was a waiter on a dinner train ride. (I tell you, you have to learn to walk in a special way carrying food on a moving train). Since Walt always had a love for trains, how about that?

Minnie Mum

As far as dinner shows yes I would agree. I was a waiter on a dinner train ride. (I tell you, you have to learn to walk in a special way carrying food on a moving train). Since Walt always had a love for trains, how about that?

Remember - the Disney trains have neither aisles nor seats. Just benches facing the park side of the track. How are you going to serve dinner and a show on them?

Minnie Mum

I think you would have to build a new rail system with a dinner train.

Picturing the current management green lighting something like that gave me my laugh for the day. Thanks for that.

ETA: OTOH, they could lay that track from MK to Golden Oaks and put their $499 dinners on the train. That would pay for the cost of building in no time.

graphite1326

Remember - the Disney trains have neither aisles nor seats. Just benches facing the park side of the track. How are you going to serve dinner and a show on them?
Yes well this comment made me snort my soda through my nose when I laughed.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Disney Springs could use something. Cirque is good but not something I'd repeat. It needs more than just dining and shopping.

Pleasure Island had shows (Comedy Warehouse, Adventurer's Club) which really made it a great option for anyone wanting a later evening after the theme parks had closed. I miss having that option.

mebucko

Am I the only one or would you like to see more Dinner Shows at Walt Disney World. I love Hoop Dee Doo and the Laua is okay, but I think that Disney needs more. I would like to see a show with a cast performing hits from Disney's Broadway shows. Any other suggestions.
Hello!
When The Edison opens in Disney Springs, there is a 1920s' style cabaret show scheduled. Check out their site for their California location show videos!
Liza Minelli, where are you??
Ch-Ears,
Bill

JIMINYCR

We always plan in dinner shows into our trips. We never tire of the same ones, but yes, it would be nice to have some more options to choose from. With all the exceptional talent to draw from, Disney surely could add some new and entertaining shows. With the competition for dining getting tougher and tougher to book, I cant see how adding more would fail.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm surprised that in this time when it's tough to find a non character meal they don't bring back the character luau. I loved it as a kid! Plus, Baloo in a grass skirt can make anyone smile.
That would be awesome! I would love to try the luau at Poly but have heard nothing positive about it at all.

OliveMcFly

That would be awesome! I would love to try the luau at Poly but have heard nothing positive about it at all.
It needs to be redone, the story is just blah and old. I've been to a luau in Hawaii and the show was amazing. I think it's time for a change. Maybe something a little more traditional.

Theone2

I remember seeing the Diamond Horseshoe Review every time I went to the MK. You had to make reservations when you first entered into the park. Back then it was a full meal and a wonderful show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom