Dinner on a cold night

Pooh'sBuddy

It's way too cold for a nice crunchy salad so for dinner I'm thinking about making a soup or stew. What Disney one would you suggest I try and make at home?

You're making it really difficult for me to lose the two pounds I've gained since these allergies have bent me to their will.

Mmmmm soup. I would want the cheddar soup from Le Cellier

Yes! Or some nice french onion soup is always good on a cold day. And that should be pretty easy to make vegan, right?

The Cheddar Cheese soup from Le Cellier

Mmmmm. I've got to try to make these.

Disvillain63

Well if things don't go our way on Sunday it's going to be groundhog stew. For tonight it's vegan chili for me!
Since your vegan, if you decide to make stew out of that misdirected groundhog, are you going to eat it? Maybe we should all send Punxsutawney Phil and General Lee and the myriad of other groundhogs some pixie dust.

HouCuseChickie

You're making it really difficult for me to lose the two pounds I've gained since these allergies have bent me to their will.

I think some of those Austin allergens have headed towards Houston. I've been a MESS! I'm dreading being outside for softball practice tonight-- itchy swollen eyes and sneezing :rolleyes:

I can't think of any vegan cold weather things...but the French Onion Soup at BOG would really hit the spot right now! And yes, I know, our cold isn't nearly as cold...but I've lived here long enough that I'm COLD :cold:

Pooh'sBuddy

I think some of those Austin allergens have headed towards Houston. I've been a MESS! I'm dreading being outside for softball practice tonight-- itchy swollen eyes and sneezing :rolleyes:

I can't think of any vegan cold weather things...but the French Onion Soup at BOG would really hit the spot right now! And yes, I know, our cold isn't nearly as cold...but I've lived here long enough that I'm COLD :cold:
I never had allergies in Houston, but the smoke from the mexicans burning their fields made me cough a little.

Cold is a relative feeling. If it's under 70*, it's cold to me! :cautious:

HouCuseChickie

Is that above or below 0?
I never had allergies in Houston, but the smoke from the mexicans burning their fields made me cough a little.

Cold is a relative feeling. If it's under 70*, it's cold to me! :cautious:

Hey, the oil change place i pass near my house said -61, so I'm thinking it's just trying to say it is really cold for southeast Texas. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Disvillain63

Back to cold here in Georgia...ice storm tonight, snow tomorrow night...what a winter...
I'm thinking "Chicken Chili" for tomorrow night's dinner...just had Jalapeno Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Santa Fe Chicken & Rice soup tonight...no school tomorrow and probably Thursday too.

Disvillain63

My dinner on a cold night turned into multiple nights...two of them without power! It's taken 5 days to get cable back which meant no internet too. On top of that my cellphone wouldn't call out for several hours...I could get a random text out and people could call me but I couldn't call them. Our area (GA counties: Columbia, Richmond, and Burke AND SC county: Aiken) took a direct hit in the ice storm. It looks as if a tornado came through. Anyway, we used the grill to reheat the Chicken Chili and then we started cooking meat that had been in the refrigerator...so the two days weren't so bad. Thanks to our down comforters...boy, do they hold heat!

Then Friday night we had a small earthquake (4.1) and this afternoon an aftershock (which is really just another earthquake that has followed a more recent earthquake). This one was 3.2.

I need a Disney vacation....19 days!

jlsHouston

My dinner on a cold night turned into multiple nights...two of them without power! It's taken 5 days to get cable back which meant no internet too. On top of that my cellphone wouldn't call out for several hours...I could get a random text out and people could call me but I couldn't call them. Our area (GA counties: Columbia, Richmond, and Burke AND SC county: Aiken) took a direct hit in the ice storm. It looks as if a tornado came through. Anyway, we used the grill to reheat the Chicken Chili and then we started cooking meat that had been in the refrigerator...so the two days weren't so bad. Thanks to our down comforters...boy, do they hold heat!

Then Friday night we had a small earthquake (4.1) and this afternoon an aftershock (which is really just another earthquake that has followed a more recent earthquake). This one was 3.2.

I need a Disney vacation....19 days!

Wow I knew Atlanta was having some bad bad snow and ice sounds like all of the north GA counties have had it bad. And OMG I'm at 20 days!! We finally got over the cold weather here and it has been in the 70's past few days! I do not remember such cold so early in the season here in Houston in 20 years. I am ready for WDW too...some rides, some character dining, pool time, fireworks....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom