Dinner at the Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by murphy
We have dined here during our last two trips and fully enjoyed it both times. The food is very good, the atmosphere is enjoyable, the service is great. We had enjoyable experiences both times dining with other guests. The chefs are wonderful. This is an enjoyable experience!! Go for it! Feel the magic!! Have a wonderful time!!!!!

Now I cannot wait to try Japan!

I always feel the magic. Disney is my happy place. A world apart.

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

Our family of 5 loves Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki... have done it the last two years. The kids (6, 8 & 15) just love it and talk about it all the time. We have priority seating for our upcoming trip in June.... Teppanyaki is one our first priority seating of the trip. We have done Mexico too and like Japan dinning experience much better. We are doing Canada this year for the first time!!

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by tigsmom
40 days is too early? :eek: We usually start at the time we make the reservations, but don't get really into it until 100 days out. 54 days for us. :sohappy:

I once counted down from 240 days. 40 is nothing.

She's waiting til after school lets out and we have 25 days to go.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We always try and rotate out restaurants so we probably won't be visiting Japan again til next year. That being said, we had a party of 8 and had the whole table to ourselves. In the lobby there was a man doing oragami and made a little frog that jumped for my nephew. They will rubber band the chopsticks for the kids to use. My niece thought it really cool to eat ice cream with the chopsticks. We had a ball and everyone enjoyed the food.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by jcraycraft
Our family of 5 loves Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki... have done it the last two years. The kids (6, 8 & 15) just love it and talk about it all the time. We have priority seating for our upcoming trip in June.... Teppanyaki is one our first priority seating of the trip. We have done Mexico too and like Japan dinning experience much better. We are doing Canada this year for the first time!!

I like the setting in Mexico and I love Mexican food. I have only eaten at Mexico and Germany but I want to eventually eat at all the World Showcase restaurants...

maybe not France...

and I hear Italy really sucks...

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by Nansafan
We always try and rotate out restaurants so we probably won't be visiting Japan again til next year. That being said, we had a party of 8 and had the whole table to ourselves. In the lobby there was a man doing oragami and made a little frog that jumped for my nephew. They will rubber band the chopsticks for the kids to use. My niece thought it really cool to eat ice cream with the chopsticks. We had a ball and everyone enjoyed the food.

I'll probably need the rubberbands as well...

I was told that I have to USE the chopsticks.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

You do not have to use the chopsticks. We tried for a bit then switched to a fork. My brother video-taped the chef cooking and then when he did his video editing, speeded up the cooking , dubbed in flight of the bumblebee. Very funny sequence in his movie.

(my 500th post!!!)

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by Nansafan
You do not have to use the chopsticks. We tried for a bit then switched to a fork. My brother video-taped the chef cooking and then when he did his video editing, speeded up the cooking , dubbed in flight of the bumblebee. Very funny sequence in his movie.

(my 500th post!!!)

I'm going to give it a try...the chopsticks that is...

then when my daugther is not looking...

switch to the fork.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
The secret to using chopsticks is to just practice.

How to use chopsticks

You can practice using 2 pencils. But don't worry, when the band them together its foolproof. (not that I'm calling you a fool. :lol: )

To all of you who are eating your way around the World, don't forget Marrakesh in Morroco. :slurp:

or just sharpen the tips and spear...:D

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by d'Isigny
I'm going to give it a try...the chopsticks that is...

then when my daugther is not looking...

switch to the fork.

Take it from someone who has used chopsticks most of his life: If the food gets into your mouth, then you've succeeded! :D

Upvote 0

ReDefined

No offence...

We had dinner at this restaurant and the price for what you get is far too expensive. From someone who eats lots of sushi, mmm sushi, there is a lot to be desired. As for the tempura, if that is what you like, bring lots of napkins as they use a soup spoon to drench the food... after cooking... :( It actually made me ill "Super Size Me" style.

The environment was nice, however.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Re: No offence...

Originally posted by ReDefined
We had dinner at this restaurant and the price for what you get is far too expensive. From someone who eats lots of sushi, mmm sushi, there is a lot to be desired. As for the tempura, if that is what you like, bring lots of napkins as they use a soup spoon to drench the food... after cooking... :( It actually made me ill "Super Size Me" style.

The environment was nice, however.

I'm prepared to pay more for the atmosphere...but I've always been satisfied with the food at most Disney World restaurants.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Woo! Teppanyaki! OK, I'll try and make this succinct as I still owe you all a nice long trip report (just got back a couple days ago after 7 lovely WDW Days,) but I was just at the Teppanyaki last Tuesday, so, a week ago. I hadn't been there in years though I had been planning on it for some time, and since one of the members of our party is a big fan of Japanese cuisine we thought we'd give it a whirl. I have to say that I was actually surprised at how good it was - I remembered it being pretty good but not anything remarkable, and this definitely was. Our chef was friendly and fantastic, and the food was delicious - with LOTS of meat and/or seafood in everyone's meals. By the end of our trip, after stops at several of WDW's finest places, we all agreed that it was near the very top of the list in our experiences dining there. As someone who LOVES Disney dining, and has tried a whole mess of places there, I highly recommend!

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by polynesiangirl
Woo! Teppanyaki! OK, I'll try and make this succinct as I still owe you all a nice long trip report (just got back a couple days ago after 7 lovely WDW Days,) but I was just at the Teppanyaki last Tuesday, so, a week ago. I hadn't been there in years though I had been planning on it for some time, and since one of the members of our party is a big fan of Japanese cuisine we thought we'd give it a whirl. I have to say that I was actually surprised at how good it was - I remembered it being pretty good but not anything remarkable, and this definitely was. Our chef was friendly and fantastic, and the food was delicious - with LOTS of meat and/or seafood in everyone's meals. By the end of our trip, after stops at several of WDW's finest places, we all agreed that it was near the very top of the list in our experiences dining there. As someone who LOVES Disney dining, and has tried a whole mess of places there, I highly recommend!

Sounds good! Can't wait to go.

Have you eaten at Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco? I have a friend who is going to dine there.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Marrakesh was wonderful.(and the belly dancer wasn't bad either. :rolleyes: ) We went at lunchtime, spur of the moment, last August. We had a "Chef's Special"...Jasmina Salad and Sultan Sampler - grilled brochette of either beef or chicken served with a Beef Brewat Roll and Chicken Bastilla served with vegetable couscous. It also came with an apple/almond crepe. All for $14. The Sampler is $17.99 alone.

Thats one of the secrets...go at lunchtime and ask about the Chef's specials.

Thanks...I'll pass that on...

hey, do we get to sit on the floor with our shoes off at Japan?

And if yes...can I be bare footed?

Upvote 0

sarajo

Somebody mentioned the tempura dishes at the Teppanyaki... did they combine the two dining areas in the past year? THe last time I was there, the Tempura dishes were served in a completely different part of the restaurant than the teppanyaki... so I don't think they are connected (other than being in the same building and using a common waiting area)... unless things have changed in a year! I don't remember any of the teppanyaki dishes being drenched in anything!

Back on the topic... the food there is awesome, with good portion sizes, and it's entertaining. Our party usually has about 25 people (divided among several tables) and there are several children under 10- they love watching the chef prepare the food. It's a great way to keep their attention during the time before they get their food. It's always on our "to do" list for every trip to the world. Can't wait to eat there again!

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Originally posted by sarajo
Somebody mentioned the tempura dishes at the Teppanyaki... did they combine the two dining areas in the past year? THe last time I was there, the Tempura dishes were served in a completely different part of the restaurant than the teppanyaki... so I don't think they are connected (other than being in the same building and using a common waiting area)... unless things have changed in a year! I don't remember any of the teppanyaki dishes being drenched in anything!

Back on the topic... the food there is awesome, with good portion sizes, and it's entertaining. Our party usually has about 25 people (divided among several tables) and there are several children under 10- they love watching the chef prepare the food. It's a great way to keep their attention during the time before they get their food. It's always on our "to do" list for every trip to the world. Can't wait to eat there again!

I can't wait myself...

but do i get to sit on the floor?

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Just a tip...look at the chef...if he is right handed you will get all the extra if you sit at the extreme right; if he is a lefty sit to the extreme left. Since they dish out in a circle starting opposite their dominant hand, You will get your portion plus what is leftover. :D

Ohhhh...good tip...

Upvote 0

Nansafan

No, you do not sit on the floor. Your table is a rectangle with seating on 3 sides and the chef on the fourth side. He cooks on huge grill in front of you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom