dining without reservations

ebjjst

Original Poster
Now that free dining has been added to our September vacation package, my sister and I have decided NOT to upgrade to the full service plan, because we don't want to be locked into advanced reservations determining our daily plans. Having said that, are there any sit down restaurants within the theme parks that we will be able to get reservations at-the-door, for an early dinner (around 5PM)? Or should we go over to the resorts instead?:shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Restaurant Marrakesh is one of the very few restaurants within the parks that isn't booked solid during Free Dining. Although walk-ups are always technically possible, inside the parks during Free Dining even Marrakesh can be hard to get.

Resort restaurants are more likely to have openings.

Philo

You might, but I would be prepared to wait a long time or spend a long time wondering from place to place seeing if they have any openings.

On many occasions I've heard the restaurants turn guests away because they don't have any openings at all for the next few months! That said, you will always find that some people don't turn up at their ADR's so you might get lucky....

Basically, it's just a lot easier to tie yourself down to a day rather than spend a couple of hours on the day hoping you can get a seat.

I would also say that 5pm is not early enough. If you want to eat somewhere that you decide upon that day, get to the door or call reservations as soon as possible!

WDW-LUVR

When it was just my Husband and I we didn't do ADR When we started to get hungry we went to a payphone and called disney dinning (each payphone has a dinning button) and ask what was availible in the park we were in.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If you don't mind getting laughed at by the CMs working the podium or waiting a long time to get seated, TS dining can be done during Free Dining. :lookaroun You stand the best chance at the resort restaurants generally, but there are no guarantees. If you decide on one park for the day, go to Guest Relations as early in the day as possible and see if there is anything available. You won't avoid the ADR thing entirely, but you will at least stand a chance at not having to eat Moroccan food or CS every day.

ml123_9

During our trip last year, the only ADR we could get last minute was the Morrocan place. We didn't take it. The only walk ups were able to get was where we were staying, Boatwrights at POR, and Hollywood & Vine at DHS. So basically the answer is No.

sleepybear

We've been seated without reservations at Morocco. (Give it a try! It's actually very good.) We also did this at Tokyo Dining once, but the wait was about a half-hour.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
During free dining even the most obscure out of the way places will be booked. The best advice I could give you be to make ADR's the day of or the night before. Just let the CM know which park you will be at and they will be able to give you what options are available.

Pioneer Hall

If you don't care where you eat, then check with guest relations when you have an idea of where you are going. Tell them you are going to be here and see if they can find anything for you. Going without reservations means you have to be very flexible with location and time. You will most likely be eating very early or very late.

stlbobby

I'd suggest making ADR's now. I've seen actually been in both MK and HS when at noon absolutely every-single sit down restaurant was booked for the day. They were not even taking people for a wait list because they over book assuming no-shows.

One tip if you decide to wing it, the podium at any restaurant can check wait times for any other restaurant. So if you're in a park you can have a CM check things out rather than roam the park and end up doubling back and wasting a ton of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom