Dining with Shamu

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Has anyone actually done this? I have booked a meal for my family when we visit later this year and I just wanted to know whether anyone on the boards had done this and what it was like?

df123
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dizneykev

We did this last year and enjoyed it a lot. We had 2 small kids with us and they liked being close to the action. The food was very good and they had quite a nice selection for kids and adults. The interaction isn;t as much as I had hoped for, but we felt like it was money well spent and are thinking of doing it again this May. I recommend going for it.

Dizneykev

WDWspider

It was the best Dining experience our family has had. The trainers come around and talk to you. You get to see all the Whales in the pool practicing. They come up on shore several times. Do a few small jumps (you are eating after all). The food is very nice and quite varied. The little VIP passes around your neck is a nice touch. Be sure to have your cameras out and ready so the wait staff can take pictures of you when the whales are close by your table. I have pictures of us at Dine with Shamu here and I discuss our whole Seaworld trip with more pictures of Dine with Shamu and the rest of Seaworld right here . Feel free to view all parts of my trip report and pictures (there are four threads total including the two I posted now)

pinkrose

We'll be doing the Dine with Shamu on our trip next month. I'm so excited!!! I hope we have as good of an experience as you did. :)

wdwrules

never knew they had dinner with shamu:veryconfu sounds like something wed love to do:cool: anybody know how much it costs and do you need to make reservations early:wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I dined with Shamu 2 weeks ago. :)
Making early PS reservations is strongly recommended. There is a desk near the Parks front entrance where you pay for the meal and pick up your passes - they then tell you which of the two sittings you are attending. Most of the tables are next to the ropes which mean that you are only about four feet from the water. I have some brilliant photos from our visit (no scanner so can't share).
The meal is very good with a healthy selection and kids meals as well. It is pricey but I would do it again and recommend it to everyone.
There is a warning at the beginning of the meal that as you are in the whales environment "you may get wet........" :lol:
Enjoy !!

WDWspider

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

There is a warning at the beginning of the meal that as you are in the whales environment "you may get wet........" :lol:

As my wife quickly found out. Good thing it's buffet style. :lol: :lol: :lol: :animwink:

WDWspider

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
Is this an experience that we would enjoy without small children, or is it geered more towards little ones??

Easily an experience you could enjoy without children, the price tag should tell you that. But the setting is very pleasant and feels rather secluded compared to the park that surrounds you. The meal is a definite upper class variety for buffets. The interaction with the trainers and wait staff can be very sophisticated if you choose to do so. I think adults only would throughly enjoy this experience. However, don't get me wrong, this can easily be a family enjoyed experience too. They have a seperate buffet just for the younger and/or picky crowds, but it is not designed specifically for kids.

EmeraldDolphin

thanks! I'll have to be sure to bring my 14 year old daughter... she will really love it then, since she has been saying her whole life that she is going to be a Marine Biologist when she grows up! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom