Dining Suggestions(What's the best to order?)

TakeMeThere81

I want to get some suggestions for anyone who has eaten or considers any of these your favorites. What are some menu items that you feel are a MUST when you eat at the restaurant. Feel free to let me know if you hated the place too.

Kona Cafe(breakfast)
Beaches N Cream(dinner/dessert)
Fulton's Crab House(dinner)
Boatwright's(dinner)
Boma(breakfast)

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
By the way, we've never eaten at these places before. Being that this trip is being planned last minute, I'm having trouble getting any other reservations. Any restaurants you would recommend instead of ones on the list?

Upvote 0

kungfoosally

Kona Cafe breakfast... everyone will tell you to try the Tonga Toast. While it does taste great, you'll want a nap an hour later from all the bread and sugar.

If you want a wonderful protein packed bfast there, try their ham and cheese omelet. i order this everytime i eat breakfast there. It is just the right size and soooo delicious.

if you ever go there for lunch or dinner try the sticky wings!!

Upvote 0

stitch & lilo

yes sugar toast is excellent at kona!!! beaches n cream is basically hotdog/hamberger, nothing special except for the brownie sundae. boat is overpriced and really not so good. boma is excellent. never been to F crab House, as seafood is not my fav. can you get into cape may for dinner? lots of selection for main course an dsides, the desserts are ok, but kinda bland and same old.... good luck and have fun:animwink:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Boma is buffet - you can get what ever you want.

Beaches and Cream - is DELICIOUS. But it is above average standard American fare (burgers and hot dogs). However, their ice cream is out of this world! I usually go there for a late night meal after DHS when they close early.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
You have to have the pineapple macadamia pancakes at Kona!

Oh I am soooo doing that! It looks more up my alley than the Tonga toast. I'm also looking forward to the coffee there.

With a little work, I managed to score Ohana's for a character breakfast instead of Kona Cafe and I made some changes. Here's my new ressy's. Again, any recommendations are great:

Boma (dinner)

Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast),

ESPN Club(football!!)

Beaches n Cream(Kitchen Sink!)

The Wave(breakfast...with hopes of maybe scoring a walk-up at Chef Mickey's that morning),

Boatwright's(dinner)

Ohana's(breakfast-yay!)

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

Oh I am soooo doing that! It looks more up my alley than the Tonga toast. I'm also looking forward to the coffee there.

With a little work, I managed to score Ohana's for a character breakfast instead of Kona Cafe and I made some changes. Here's my new ressy's. Again, any recommendations are great:

Boma (dinner)

Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast),

ESPN Club(football!!)

Beaches n Cream(Kitchen Sink!)

The Wave(breakfast...with hopes of maybe scoring a walk-up at Chef Mickey's that morning),

Boatwright's(dinner)

Ohana's(breakfast-yay!)

Hey Takmethere! Looks like a great lineup, especially for football!!

We just got back and had Breakfast at O'Hana for the first time, it was outstanding! Chef Mickey's has more of an upbeat feel as well as more selection, but Ohana was not far behind... If you find yourself waiting to sit, do yourself a favor and run down on the same floor to the Kona Coffee stand there, it's outstanding

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We always stay at Port Orleans Riverside but we don't eat at Boatwrights.
There are too many other good places.

We had to eat there once for dinner when we were trying the Disney Dining Plan and reservations were hard to come by.
It's sort of cajun/country and whatever.

IMHO
:)

Upvote 0

TinkSassy

At the Grand Floridian try for the bread pudding - not always available but a showstopper, other than that everything we had was good but not note worthy.

Ohana's serves breakfast family style so you'll get a little of everything - but definitely have the juice and pineapple bread (puts you right on Waikiki) :rolleyes:

The others I can't speak to as I've not tried them before.

Upvote 0

Teamdisney

At GrandFl Cafe you have to have the Egss Benidict they are wonderful expescially the ones with lobster YUM!!!!!!!

I've never had anything bad at The Wave, we are staying at Contemporary in Dec and can't wait to eat there again. Ohana's love the juice and pineapple bread are wonderful, the rest is typical breakfast foods. Been to BOMA but its been a while it was either there or Jiko that I had Ox Tail Soup that was great. While at Boartwrights if the Trace cross bakery is still there you have to get a sour cream muffin they are great. Just haven't been able to get over there in a few. Last time I was at ESPN just had wings they were ok nothing special.

Upvote 0

travelgip

At GrandFl Cafe you have to have the Egss Benidict they are wonderful expescially the ones with lobster YUM!!!!!!!

I've never had anything bad at The Wave, we are staying at Contemporary in Dec and can't wait to eat there again. Ohana's love the juice and pineapple bread are wonderful, the rest is typical breakfast foods. Been to BOMA but its been a while it was either there or Jiko that I had Ox Tail Soup that was great. While at Boartwrights if the Trace cross bakery is still there you have to get a sour cream muffin they are great. Just haven't been able to get over there in a few. Last time I was at ESPN just had wings they were ok nothing special.

Yes, the Eggs Benidict at GF Cafe are great! Also, don't discount QS in the parks, I love that Turkey Leg and Figaro Fried, enough for two and you can skip either breakfast or dinner after having it!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom