Dining Reservation Question

Schweino

Original Poster
Sadly, three days before our trip, we had some unfortunate news hit the family and our in-laws no longer are able to come so they can stay home with family. With that said, we have two dining reservations that I can't modify to be two instead of four people:

1. Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Dining Package
2. Le Cellier Candlelight Dining Package

Question: How big of a deal is it to just show up as two and explain the situation to the hostess seating us?

JIMINYCR

Not an issue. It happens often that they deal with changes like yours. When you walk up to check in tell the host/hostess that two in your party couldnt make it. You wont be penalized. You may or may not get seated faster due to a change of table size they will give you, or you may still get the 4 seat table, depending on how they work you in. If you have time and could arrange to tell a host/ hostess earlier in the day if you are in the park that would help them modify the reservation earlier than last minute.

Schweino

Original Poster
Thanks @JIMINYCR. I think my concern is considering these are special dining packages (and not regular restaurant resys), would Disney charge me for the two no-show guests? We still plan to go ourselves, just not with the full four.

RememberWhen

Thanks @JIMINYCR. I think my concern is considering these are special dining packages (and not regular restaurant resys), would Disney charge me for the two no-show guests? We still plan to go ourselves, just not with the full four.
I don’t think so, though I don’t have any direct experience. If you were charged, talking to a CM at Guest services should result in a refund.

jbird327

Although my experience with one in my party not attending a prepaid ADR (at CRT) was 5+ years ago, I was issued a gift card for the amount of the meal.

christine7257

I just last week changed the party size on my Candlelight dining package by calling (407-WDW-DINE). Wasn't on hold long at all and was easy. You don't pre-pay so I don't think it would be an issue to show up with fewer, but I wanted to let them know because the change meant we could have a smaller table and I wanted the restaurant to be able to plan accordingly and also in case our moving to a smaller table opened something up for another group. We did the package at Le Cellier this weekend -- it was delicious and the show great. Have fun!

Schweino

Original Poster
I just last week changed the party size on my Candlelight dining package by calling (407-WDW-DINE). Wasn't on hold long at all and was easy. You don't pre-pay so I don't think it would be an issue to show up with fewer, but I wanted to let them know because the change meant we could have a smaller table and I wanted the restaurant to be able to plan accordingly and also in case our moving to a smaller table opened something up for another group. We did the package at Le Cellier this weekend -- it was delicious and the show great. Have fun!
Welp I did this, except they ruined my Fantasmic dining package. They booked me for regular H&V instead of Fantasmic and because of an "IT issue" they couldn't fix it. Sigh.
I didn't have the energy to fight them - going to eat around the world at Epcot instead.

nickys

Premium Member
Welp I did this, except they ruined my Fantasmic dining package. They booked me for regular H&V instead of Fantasmic and because of an "IT issue" they couldn't fix it. Sigh.
I didn't have the energy to fight them - going to eat around the world at Epcot instead.
I would call back and ask them to fix it. That isn’t OK. Someone screwed up and it’s up to them to fix it or I would ask them to put you through to Guest Services to do so.

Schweino

Original Poster
I would call back and ask them to fix it. That isn’t OK. Someone screwed up and it’s up to them to fix it or I would ask them to put you through to Guest Services to do so.
I'll sleep on it, but after spending so much time running around and having to adjust a bunch of things because of what happened to the other half of our planning party, I am just mentally spent :D

Initial discussion with my wife was she would be content just eating around the world at Epcot. If we wake up tomorrow or Wednesday and change our minds, I will give them a call back. The cast member did say they would leave notes on my account, so hopefully there's a record.

christine7257

Oh no! :oops: I'm so sorry that happened. I hope they're able to rectify it, if you so choose. Also, just to keep in mind, if you decide not to try for the dining package, the processional is largely an audio experience and you can hear it from anywhere in the American pavilion. It's an option to grab beverage and stay and listen to a few songs. I really hope it works out for you. I feel absolutely terribly that it went awry for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom