Dining Plans Return for 2024 / Park Reservations End for Dated Tickets

Ayla

And remember Ayla, not every measure "value" by dollars. When the kiddies were younger just the fact that everything was prepaid and they could order whatever they wanted no matter what, was a huge huge bonus for us.
My kids always ordered whatever they wanted at Disney and we only used the DDP once.

This notion of it being prepaid is nothing more than psychology. You're paying more for fewer choices.

eliza61nyc

My kids always ordered whatever they wanted at Disney and we only used the DDP once.

This notion of it being prepaid is nothing more than psychology. You're paying more for fewer choices.
Not understanding the "fewer" choices, every time I used it we were given the same regular menu, we order what we normally get.

Why isn't it "prepaid". Again I haven't used it in a while but when I did, I paid for my package 60 days prior to getting there and didn't have to give them a credit card after every meal. Is that not the definition of pre paid?

And again not every one measures value by money. My boss loves genie + and LL. Her metric for value is not money, as she says "I'll pay any amount of money not to stand in line with 3 toddlers". So for her the cost is not the value

seabreezept813

We just "prepay" for our meals now by buying Disney gift cards at BJs using our credit card. Double savings. And then we still don't have a credit card bill to come home to, win-win.

JIMINYCR

When we went as a family, the DDP was good for us and we used it to its fullest…(character buffets, etc). Now that we’re empty nesters, we crunched the numbers and it no longer works for us. YES, it’s great that everything is paid ahead of time…agreed, it’s not for everyone, but it served its purpose and worked for us.
Glad they ditched the park restrictions…WAY OVERDUE
YESSS... dumping the park days reservation idiocy was the best news.
As a planner we would look at the menus at all our ADR spots and knew ahead of time what we probably would be ordering. I could total up the costs and see if we would come out ahead to decide to get the DDP or not. The majority of the time we did see a minor savings by taking it. There was never a real significant $$$ but enough to go for it. Sure, its not going to work for everyone, but it may for some. Those who just out of hand say it is a bad choice and knock Dis for bringing it back, dont take into account those who used it right and made out fine.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
We booked a few ‘free’ dining trips and even added to package a few times over the years. DDP kept changing.

In the last iteration it worked best for people planning on a few character/buffet meals and daily alcohol beverages. If out-of-pocket plans averaged over $70/day, DDP got us alot more for the money spent anyway. We learned how to bang that plan :pThe downsides to us were no apps and lounges not included.

jinx8402

This is why we created the Hotel Room View tool.
Speaking of which, when will you be updating CBR to remove the pirate rooms in trinidad for room type, since it is no longer a bookable category? Perhaps change description to little mermaid since those are the only ones getting that treatment.

Love the tool BTW! Use it every vacation and always got what I wanted or very very close.

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Speaking of which, when will you be updating CBR to remove the pirate rooms in trinidad for room type, since it is no longer a bookable category? Perhaps change description to little mermaid since those are the only ones getting that treatment.

Love the tool BTW! Use it every vacation and always got what I wanted or very very close.

I'll ask for an update. Thank you!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A bizarre and not thought out comment. But I don’t see that as affecting the quality.

That's a joke, son, you're supposed to laugh.

foghorn leghorn classics GIF by Looney Tunes

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom