Dining Plan

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
I’ve read that the Dining plan is coming back in 2024, but I can’t find any pricing info. Any idea on how much the regular dining plan is per person? Thanks

DCBaker

Premium Member

BWW

I’ve read that the Dining plan is coming back in 2024, but I can’t find any pricing info. Any idea on how much the regular dining plan is per person? Thanks
There may be an easier way, but you can make a reservation on the website with any resort with and without the dining plan then compare the prices.

lentesta

Premium Member
For what it's worth, we have people in the parks today looking for values in the DDP. Here's one we've found with Starbucks:

1704808064568.png

lentesta

Premium Member
This Brownie Sundae with eight toppings at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor counts as a snack on the DDP. Toppings are free under the DDP but $0.74 each if paying cash.

Set aside how much sugar this is. This is a $15.24 sundae that can be had for a snack credit under the DDP.

1704826882974.png

1704826907073.png

Baldy

Amorettes in Disney Springs has combo meals listed on their menu that include a dessert. Does anyone know if a QS credit can be used for this?

harryk

I don't see this as an improvement with the dining plan. The original 'delux dining plan' was great - much more flexibility. As one who avoids 'quick service' meals this is not a great idea. The points system was much better.

lentesta

Premium Member
For those considering the Disney Dining Plan. It seems any character meal charging $55 or less for breakfast is always 1 credit; anything $55 and up is always 2 credits.

Seems to be true regardless of:
  • The meal, which can be B, L,or D
  • Whether it's in a park (and thus requires admission) or not
  • The number of characters available
  • Whether the food is served buffet, family-style, etc.
1704979412742.png

Indy_UK

That's quite interesting. As a family we like character meals but OOP they add up massively. Somewhere like Chef Mickeys for Dinner on the DDP may work out cost 'effective'

I need to do the insane maths that's required.

Great work @lentesta and Team for going to look for value. The Starbucks one is really good

RememberWhen

For those considering the Disney Dining Plan. It seems any character meal charging $55 or less for breakfast is always 1 credit; anything $55 and up is always 2 credits.

Seems to be true regardless of:
  • The meal, which can be B, L,or D
  • Whether it's in a park (and thus requires admission) or not
  • The number of characters available
  • Whether the food is served buffet, family-style, etc.
View attachment 762552
@lentesta

I had thought Akershus breakfast was one credit. Am I misunderstanding this?
IMG_5327.png

*edit to correct spelling and add link

pigglewiggle

Are the eggrolls at Magic Kingdom considered a snack? I think that would be a good use of a snack credit.
Many years ago we had the dining plan. I used a snack credit on chicken fried rice at Yak and Yeti, the counter service part. It was a very large portion and I thought that was also a good use of a snack credit. Unsure if it's still the same, haven't been in some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom