Dining Plan?

James J

In the Parks
No
With one big difference though.
No alcoholic drinks are included. That significantly reduces the value of the various “free dining” offers.
Alcoholic drinks are still included:
https://www.disneypackages.co.uk/do... free disney dining and drinks 2025 guide.pdf

1712326240325.png

Supernova

When I got the UK free dining plan before Covid, you could upgrade to the next tier. Is that still an option? I’m also splitting my stay between yacht club and port Orleans riverside, am I able to get the plan on a split stay?

James J

In the Parks
No
When I got the UK free dining plan before Covid, you could upgrade to the next tier. Is that still an option? I’m also splitting my stay between yacht club and port Orleans riverside, am I able to get the plan on a split stay?
I'm assuming yes on the first question about upgrading, but not sure on split stay bit.

Jon81uk

Needs to be a minimum of five night stay to get the UK free dining. So depends on the length of each of your splits.

missyhol

With one big difference though.
No alcoholic drinks are included. That significantly reduces the value of the various “free dining” offers.
Hi - Just to let you know that alcoholic drinks are included (only one per meal though) for the full dining plan for uk !

James J

In the Parks
No
Where did you see that?

The UK site specifically says non-alcoholic drinks, even for deluxe stays.

Values get one QS meal with only a non-alcoholic drink. No snack or mug included.

Moderates get the QS dining plan but again it says one non-alcoholic drink.

Deluxe get the full dining no plan but again only non-alcoholic drinks.

I'm seeing it on that very link, as that's where my previous post with a screenshot came from if you click to download the guide under 'what's included':

1716392916389.png

Under all the hotels listed on that link it also says alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks:
1716393113826.png

Attachments

• 1716393017460.png
    1716393017460.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 27

nickys

Premium Member
Hi - Just to let you know that alcoholic drinks are included (only one per meal though) for the full dining plan for uk !
They’ve updated it for 2025.

Not sure if you add it now if you book for 2024.

Still worth noting that at the Value resorts you don’t get the full QS dining plan, you just get one QS meal per night.

It's a no on the split stay. I'm staying at POR and Poly next year. We have free dining on the booking with the Disney tickets attached to (14 day ticket on 8 night POR), 5 nights at Poly do not have any freebies. I've been told (multiple times on threads) Disney does not recognise split stays, I get that, but it's just a easy-to-use term ;)

nickys

Premium Member
You should be able to add the dining plan but you’ll have to pay for it. You will only get the free dining on the package stay which includes the tickets.

I don’t know about the upgrades.

It's a no on the split stay. I'm staying at POR and Poly next year. We have free dining on the booking with the Disney tickets attached to (14 day ticket on 8 night POR), 5 nights at Poly do not have any freebies. I've been told (multiple times on threads) Disney does not recognise split stays, I get that, but it's just a easy-to-use term ;)
Sorry forgot to mention the upgrade. When I booked my trip last month with free dining, I was given to option to upgrade from QS dining plan (with POR booking) to Disney dining plan (with one QS, one TS and one snack). I didn't take them up on it.

Cariad

Sorry forgot to mention the upgrade. When I booked my trip last month with free dining, I was given to option to upgrade from QS dining plan (with POR booking) to Disney dining plan (with one QS, one TS and one snack). I didn't take them up on it.
I'm staying at Pop and was given the option to upgrade to a full QS dining plan for £420 or £30 per night for one extra QS meal, drink and for a snack plus a mug. I have been looking at the QS menus on the WDW website and 95% of them are $14.99 (around £12) or less for an entree, which is all you get, no dessert, per credit. Snacks are no more than $7 (around £5) and if you have soft drinks that's no more than another £5 or more likely less than that. The mug somes in at £20, all GBP are approximate. You would have to be extremely foolish to upgrade, even including taxes you will be well out of pocket and spending a lot of time looking at meals and snacks that give you full value rather than what you actually fancy. I'm putting that £420 on a currency card and will use it solely for all food and drink and anything left on the last day or two will be spent on any sovenirs I might treat myself to, especially as I'm there when Christmas is on.

I'm staying at Pop and was given the option to upgrade to a full QS dining plan for £420 or £30 per night for one extra QS meal, drink and for a snack plus a mug. I have been looking at the QS menus on the WDW website and 95% of them are $14.99 (around £12) or less for an entree, which is all you get, no dessert, per credit. Snacks are no more than $7 (around £5) and if you have soft drinks that's no more than another £5 or more likely less than that. The mug somes in at £20, all GBP are approximate. You would have to be extremely foolish to upgrade, even including taxes you will be well out of pocket and spending a lot of time looking at meals and snacks that give you full value rather than what you actually fancy. I'm putting that £420 on a currency card and will use it solely for all food and drink and anything left on the last day or two will be spent on any sovenirs I might treat myself to, especially as I'm there when Christmas is on.
I have never had the dining plan in any of the many previous visits and would never purchase it. Only because it was on offer for free do I have it this time. It seems wasteful and almost gluttonous to order all that food. I usually take my own snacks, and order kids QS in the parks. I always eat breakfast in the room. I will need elasticated waist trousers 🤣

Jon81uk

Yeah, the values getting done over compared to the past offerings.
This is standard for the UK free dining offer, its been like this for at least 8 years, one QS (at one point called free breakfast) for value, free quick service plan for moderate and free regular plan for deluxe. Prior to that on the UK offer value resorts got nothing, it was just QS plan for moderate and DDP for deluxe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom