Dining plan

minnie64

Original Poster
I'm thinking about purchasing the DD plan that offers a snack 2 CS and one TS .. what is everyone's opinion on this plan? too much food? or do you think you saved money from it in the end?

DisneyJoe

I'm thinking about purchasing the DD plan that offers a snack 2 CS and one TS .. what is everyone's opinion on this plan? too much food? or do you think you saved money from it in the end?

The basic plan has 1 snack, 1 CS and 1 TS per person per nights resort stay.
The deluxe plan has 2 snacks, 3 meals (your choice of CS or TS) per person per nights resort stay, and 1 refillable mug per person.

Since every family has different eating habits, you need to evaluate it for yourself. Take a look at the menus here on wdwmagic or on allears.net and price out your vacation and compare vs the meal plan.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do not think that there is a plan that has 2 CS meals, 1 snack, and 1 TS meal There is the Quick Service plan that has 2 QS meals and 2 snacks, the Dining plan that has 1 snack, 1 CS meal, and 1 TS meal and the Deluxe Dining plan that has 3 meals anywhere and 2 snacks.

Regardless of that if all you do is compare food to dollars you will come out ahead with the dining plan but the reality is that few people would normally eat all the food that is given to you on the DDP. The only way to know for sure is to plan a sample menu of what you would normally order at a restaurant (not what the plan gives you) and run the numbers.

One thing the DDP does provide is convenience. You never have to worry about what something costs. You know all of your dining is paid for and there is no risk of blowing your dining budget. For that reason alone I would recommend it especially if money is not super tight and you just want to vacation and do not want to stress over ordering the Fillet at $29.99 or the chicken for $15.99.

minnie64

Original Poster
Thanks sorry i made a typo lol i meant 1 CS but I do think the dining plan might be the best idea because i know i'll spend more money by not paying attention to what im spending :hammer: the DDP sounds like way to much food! but a great idea if youre a big eater I'm more focused on being in the parks and grabbing something quick and slowing down around dinner time!

mrtoad

We are doing a dining plan for the first time on our upcoming trip. We went to allears.net and looked at the menus to see if it was a cost savings or not.

We wound up doing the deluxe plan which is 3 meals (either table service or counter) and 2 snacks. We chose the deluxe because we have a small daughter who is not super patient and did not want to run into counter service lines. That and we just really prefer the table service places anyway.

I did a few scenarios on cost on where we will be eating and even just doing a lunch and dinner already saved on average $50.00 per day on the cost vs. if we paid out of pocket. Add into that the ability for one more meal and 2 snacks and savings grows.

It really is a good deal...

stitchsMom

I normally don't get the dining plan as we stay in the villas, and with a full kitchen it just doesn't seem to make sense for us. However, this time around the MiL was really stressing about meals as she didn't want to have unexpected costs (i.e. they change their mind about returning to the villa for lunch and eat out instead). When I broke down the cost, it didn't save us any money, but we decided to go with it as it won't cost us anymore than we spend out of pocket otherwise (lol! that would be doing things my way). The MiL is so happy because she says it gives her the peace of mind that the meals were paid for. We went with the basic dining plan at the suggestion of Tammy from Kindgom Konsultants, and it really makes sense as we can't see our selves sitting down for 3 full meals. So, as one of the other posters suggested - evaluate your eating habits to determine which plan you will need.

disneytopdog

I think the plan is well worth paying for. I have used it on all my trips.
1. I like to have my entire vacation paid for before I hit the resort.

2. The dining plan has allowed me to see a whole other side of WDW. Before the plan I never ate at the sit down resturants and barely ate at the counter service stands. With the plan I have experienced resturants that I would have never eaten at before. I am eating my way around World Showcase at all the table service resturants.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

There isn't a plan like this one you described - there is the regular dining plan - one CS, one Snack, one TS. And then there is an upgraded version - with 2 snacks and 3 TS. And there is also a CS - with 2 CS and 2 snacks. It really depends on what your budget and eating habits are to know if it is right for you and your family. My DH and I like to have things paid for before we vacation and we like what the dining plans offer. Part of our experience is the dining - so we have in the past purchased the regular dining plan. The food is plenty for us. We never went hungry. We only paid out of pocket for breakfast. This next trip we are bumping up to the deluxe dining plan. But that is so that we can enjoy some of the Signature Dining experiences. I personally am a huge fan of the dining plans. :slurp::sohappy::slurp: Enjoy and just pick which one is best for you and your family.

minnie64

Original Poster
I think the basic dining plan is well worth it now ! I definatly want to try more resturants at the world for dinner, yet be able to grab something quickly for lunch while I am in the parks and I am not much of a breakfast person so it works out. I love knowing what the exact exspense will be before i leave for my trip, you guys have convinced me :lol: i cant wait for all the yummy food !:slurp::sohappy:

amie

I think the DDP is a great option, I just read an article on it and added it to my reservation for October

Heres the link:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1564688/disneys_dining_plan_a_great_option.html?cat=16

my decision was finally made after reading all the amazing things you can get with the snack credits. I have the brochures here and all they say is that I can get soda, chips or an ice cream bar. I was shocked at all the choices, I can probably feed my 2 year old with snack credits
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1539859/get_the_most_out_of_your_disney_dining.html?cat=16

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I think the DDP is a great option, I just read an article on it and added it to my reservation for October

Heres the link:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1564688/disneys_dining_plan_a_great_option.html?cat=16

my decision was finally made after reading all the amazing things you can get with the snack credits. I have the brochures here and all they say is that I can get soda, chips or an ice cream bar. I was shocked at all the choices, I can probably feed my 2 year old with snack credits
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1539859/get_the_most_out_of_your_disney_dining.html?cat=16

Great list!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom