Dining Plan Yes or No

Before deciding whether to use the Dining Plan for our last visit in August, I took a good look at what we spent on food during our 2005 visit. I figured the worst that would happen would be that we'd even out and not save, but it wouldn't cost us more than we usually spend.

We had the DDE card in 2005, but still saved some money by using the DDP in 2006.

My husband agrees that, from now on, we will purchase the DDP for our WDW vacations. Give it a shot.

kachow

In making our decision, we actually looked at menus and figured out our likely meal situation were we not on the plan, and then looked to see how that fit within the DDP rules. We found that most of our meals would be covered, and that we would save money. And that analysis was based on what we likely would have ordered if we were being conscious of what the meal cost. On the plan we're going to feel more free to order whatever app and entree we want, without thinking about the cost differences between a salad and shrimp cocktail.

But as others have said, if you weren't planning to eat at any of the table service restaurants, you're likely not going to save money, but you're probably only paying a little bit extra to have a chance to eat at those restaurants you might not have tried otherwise.

Dean/Haszard

The dining plan is the only way to go. We used our counter meal at breakfast and then a snack in the afternoon. Dinner we used a table service (most times you will need reservations). You will have more food than you can eat in most cases. ENJOY!!!:slurp:

TinkyKat

I def say go for the plan! It works for us because we love to have one sit down meal a day. On our honeymoon we didn't have nearly enough info about the plan and didnt go for it, but this time around it is a go! I made our ADRs for late-ish evening so we can do whatever in the days and still make it to a dinner ressie with no stress. I think it took a lot of stress away from my planning knowing we have dinner set up and can just eat our CS lunches wherever!

december

It made that breakfast at Cinderella's castle so much nicer not having to look at the amount on the bill! Sure, you can save money by packing sandwiches and eating fast food. But this was the first family vacation we'd ever taken (and I'm already planning one for next year!). Part of the fun was trying out the new places. Having them paid in advance just took the stress off and made it so much more fun! :)

Tara Stone

Once again, DDP, yes most certainly.

Now the platinum plan, that's a whole 'nother ball game. Sounds like the whole do wa diddy to me, but afraid it's champagne taste on a beer budget for most folks.

I'm all for it though ! I'm available if someone on it needs a good sugar daddy, I'm for hire !!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Yeh for the platinum plan.

Haaa haaa.... love to help ya but I already have a sugar daddy...how else would I get the plat plan!:lol: :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The plan may be "good value" in financial terms but as some of the other threads (including one of mine) there appears to be some evidence that the plans success is affecting choice and quality.

When I start planning next summers trip I will be weighing up the situation and Im seriously considering having more table meals off site.

kachow

I'll agree with that if I see it while I'm there during non-free DDP. While it's probably a great promotion for them, I flat out don't think WDW can handle the traffic generated by the free DDP - at least in its current form. I mean, when you're advertising that people can exchange TS credits for CS+Snacks, you know they're in over their head. Maybe if they required a longer stay to qualify it would work better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom