Dining Plan with kids menu question

LaughingGravy

Based on the menus I've seen http://allearsnet.com/menu<wbr>/menus.htm#epc, most of the childs menu choices are on the typical kid side- chicken fingers, hot dog, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and PB & J without the more interesting options that go with the themed restaurants.
It does make sense to have a kids meal available, but if one goes with the Dining option, the kids have to pick from the childs menu choices if they are between 3 and 9 years old and a childs menu is available. Our kids are into trying different things.
I've read a ton of menus, but can anyone who has recently done the dining plan recommend any dining experience with more interesting child choices that stands out?

Many Thanks

righttrack

This is my dillema with the MYW+D. My kids do not eat "kids menu" fare, but rather, have sophisticated palates. It would be buffets for us as well.

Upvote 0

meatloafsfan

Mama Melrose (MGM) has mini chicken parmesan and kid's calzone.

Sci Fi (MGM) has grilled chicken breast with potatoes and green beans

Chefs de France (EPCOT) has fried white fish

Alfredo's (EPCOT) has several pasta dishes.

Le Cellier has chicken and steak.

Marrekesh has vegetable couscous

Rose and Crown has cottage pie or fish and chips.

Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner) has prime rib and baked pasta

Spoodles has steak and grilled chicken

Shutters (CBR) has prime rib.

Concourse Steakhouse (CR) has pasta and meatballs, grilled chicken and steak (along with shrimp cocktails for appetizers)

Maya Grill (CSR) Grilled Chicken Parmesan, Fried Ravioli, Beef Tenderloin Tips, [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fried Shrimp, and [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Catch of the Day [/font]

Whispering Canyon Cafe All-you-care-to-eat BBQ Skillet, Roasted Chicken Drumsticks and Chicken Wrap with fruit.
Not an exhaustive list but you catch the drift - yes many places offer only the traditional chicken fingers/pb&j/mac and cheese but many places are now offering better choices for little ones.

Upvote 0

Fran98765

Just a note that if you do decide on the MYW dining plan, you will have an extremely large amount of food for each adult. Let your kids take some of the offerings from your plate to sample, in addition to their kid's meal. There are a few restaurants that do have more ethnic choices for the kids, you will have to examine the menus to find them. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking the Terrace Noodle station and the new Studio catering co have non-traditional kids menu items.

If you don't want to share your meal, you can always give them the appetizers too, and desserts... and wow it's a TON of food.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
What a great set of responses

Thank you all! This is extremely helpful. Righttrack, going down soon? Our sophisticated kids might give each other queen's waves from across the same restaurant:):)

Upvote 0

MareSINY

I'm going at the end of September with my sister and two nieces. One of them is 4 the other is 2. The 2 year old actually eats more than the 4 year old does. We've been trying to figure out how it works for the 2 year old. We didn't have to pay for her dining plan, so does she just get included automatically? Or will we have to pay for her food as we go? This is the only part that has me truly confused. LOL

Upvote 0

frankd1962

Here's an idea for the tykes at the rela kid friendly place on property. Pay what you weigh. I remember a chain (Ground Round) that wieghed my kids (who are now adults) and put little stickers on them so the waiteress knew what to charge for each kid. My kids thought it was fun to "beat" each other on the weight back then. It was like a penny a pound. Now a days it might now be a good idea but down there at, say Pizza Planet, it might be nice for a kids meal.

Upvote 0

ypcat

MareSINY said:
I'm going at the end of September with my sister and two nieces. One of them is 4 the other is 2. The 2 year old actually eats more than the 4 year old does. We've been trying to figure out how it works for the 2 year old. We didn't have to pay for her dining plan, so does she just get included automatically? Or will we have to pay for her food as we go? This is the only part that has me truly confused. LOL

For the 2 year old, you will have to pay seperately. At buffets they will be free for under 3.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom