dining plan question...

Shelby

Original Poster
hello, Im new here.

we are going to disney on 9/27-10/5 for my daughter's 6th bday.

I have heard good things about the dining plan and had planned on trying it for this trip. however, my uncle gets a work discount at the dolphin and we are staying for only $69 per night...so I didn't purchase the trip as a 'package' like I normally do.

I need to order the parkhopper tickets and my ? is...can I do the dining plan even if I have booked the lodging directly thru the dolphin resort??? or do I need to book the whole package in order to get the dining plan?

thanks for your help!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
hello, Im new here.

we are going to disney on 9/27-10/5 for my daughter's 6th bday.

I have heard good things about the dining plan and had planned on trying it for this trip. however, my uncle gets a work discount at the dolphin and we are staying for only $69 per night...so I didn't purchase the trip as a 'package' like I normally do.

I need to order the parkhopper tickets and my ? is...can I do the dining plan even if I have booked the lodging directly thru the dolphin resort??? or do I need to book the whole package in order to get the dining plan?

thanks for your help!
You can only get the Dining Plan with a MYW package. I would call the Dolphin and ask if they can add tickets and DDP to your booking and make it a package. I have no idea if they can or not, but it's seemingly your only option, short of canceling your discounted room - which strikes me as not an option.

Shelby

Original Poster
ok, so the dining plan is out then I guess...

but what is the magical express??? is that the bus you take from the airport? if it is then my only experience with them was terrible and I'd rather take a cab anyway...

is the dolphin on the bus route to the parks though? or the monorail?

usually when we go to disney we stay at the value resorts...so this is a bonus for us to stay at a nicer hotel...we are very excited about it so there's no chance that we'll cancel the lodging.

thanks for your help everyone!!

Jessie&Buzz

but what is the magical express??? is that the bus you take from the airport? if it is then my only experience with them was terrible and I'd rather take a cab anyway...

usually when we go to disney we stay at the value resorts...so this is a bonus for us to stay at a nicer hotel...we are very excited about it so there's no chance that we'll cancel the lodging.

Yes, Magical Express is the bus from the airport. We didn't have any trouble with them in Dec. Have you looked into using a towncar service? I looked into Quicksilver not long ago.

Yes, there are buses from the Dolphin to the parks. They aren't on the monrail although you can get it at the ticket/transportation center.

Hope you have a great time! Seems like you got a great deal!

lilclerk

There are buses to MK and AK, and you can take a boat to MGM and Epcot. You may even be able to walk to Epcot, I'm not sure.

shoppingnut

The Swan & Dolphin use the same disney bus service to/from AK, MK, DTD, Waterparks. Epcot & MGM you can either walk to or take the boat. They also are apart of the extra magic hours.

GoofyMom2

If you stay at the Dolphin/Swan, you can use resort transportation. There are bus stops at both resorts (goes to the Swan first). There are also "Friendship Boats" at a dock between the 2 resorts.....these will take you to MGM and Epcot (back gate by World Showcase) You can also walk to Epcot quite easily, sometimes it is shorter than waiting for a boat.

You also get the benefit of EMH at these resorts, and you can send packages to these resorts, but you cannot charge to your room in the parks.

As stated above, you cannot get the DDP or use the Magical Express (the bus from the airport).....but only paying $69 for these resorts is a fabulous deal! We personally love them, the locations are also great.....so close to the Boardwalk and Epcot!

LOL others type faster than me!

Shelby

Original Poster
wow! I knew we were close to Epcot and MGM but I didn't realize we could WALK to Epcot. that is great as Epcot is the whole family's favorite park

thanks for the great replies everyone...I'm glad I stumbled upon this site!!! I'm sure I'll have all of my questions answered!

You can walk to both Epcot and MGM - we stayed at the Swan last year. The walk to MGM will be a little longer. If you are going to MGM, the 1st boat stop from the Dolphin / Swan dock will be MGM. If you are going to Epcot, I believe the boat stops twice before arriving at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom