Dining Plan problem

smayco

Original Poster
We ran into a problem that I wanted to write about since I hadn't heard about this beforehand.

My older DS is 11yo. He can sometimes eat like an adult :slurp: , but sometimes cannot. On 2 occasions, we asked our waiter (at TS meals) if we could just order him a kids meal, even though we had already paid for him to eat adult meals. Since this obviously works in Disney's favor, they said yes, no problem. Yet *both times*, when the bill came, they had charged us for TWO meals for him, 1 Kid and 1 adult. When we pointed this out, BOTH times they said this was the only way to enter the bill into the computer and they couldn't correct it! :confused: :confused: We had to stop at the concierge desk at the lobby in order to get it fixed. Needless to say, it was very aggravating and we almost wished we hadn't used the DDP.
Just wanted to warn others!

~Sue

pinkrose

Thanks for the tip. :)

When we ran into this problem with my 11yr old (places in which he didn't like the style of the food), we just paid out of pocket for his meal and saved his credit to put towards another meal. It ended up adding up to a whole other TS meal for us. We used them for breakfast at Whispering Canyon the morning we left.

smayco

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip. :)

When we ran into this problem with my 11yr old (places in which he didn't like the style of the food), we just paid out of pocket for his meal and saved his credit to put towards another meal. It ended up adding up to a whole other TS meal for us. We used them for breakfast at Whispering Canyon the morning we left.

We actually thought about doing this, but by the time we realized what was happening, we didn't have time for anymore TS meals. It would've meant less time in the parks.

~Sue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom