Dining Plan Overlap

pooh-san

Original Poster
Just want to make sure I'm planning this properly ...

We're staying at two different hotels on our upcoming trip, we booked two separate packages each with a Dining Plan. Dining Plan credits don't expire until midnight of your check-out date, correct? So ... if we arrive late and only eat one meal on the day we arrive, we would have two leftover credits on our check-out date. We check-in to our new hotel on that same day, so if we use two credits from our FIRST package that day, we could save two credits on our new package ... right?

Does this make sense?

nepalostparks

Essentially, yes.

Dining plan credits expire at the end of the day you check out (midnight). So any credits you have remaining from your first stay will be valid through the end of that check out day. You will need to make sure you use the right Key to the World card though - as you'll get a second one when you check in at the new resort with its own entitlements on it.

pooh-san

Original Poster
Thanks!
Does the Key To the World card also contain your park tickets? I bought extra days on my first package because it's a cheaper rate the more you buy, then just got the minimum on the second package. Theme park tickets don't expire for something like 14 days (unless you get the No Expiration option).

Do the cards all look the same? Any data or dates on them? I'm a little nervous now how I'm going to keep all these cards straight ... I may be using one card to get into the parks, then another card to pay for my meals.

nepalostparks

Thanks!
Does the Key To the World card also contain your park tickets? I bought extra days on my first package because it's a cheaper rate the more you buy, then just got the minimum on the second package. Theme park tickets don't expire for something like 14 days (unless you get the No Expiration option).

Do the cards all look the same? Any data or dates on them? I'm a little nervous now how I'm going to keep all these cards straight ...

The cards look similar, but will have the stay dates printed on them, so you'll be able to tell them apart. Just make sure each time you take one out to use it, that it's the correct one. Otherwise you might run into a huge mess trying to get it corrected.

wiigirl

The cards look similar, but will have the stay dates printed on them, so you'll be able to tell them apart. Just make sure each time you take one out to use it, that it's the correct one. Otherwise you might run into a huge mess trying to get it corrected.

Yes...this actaully happened to me. Try hard to keep everything straight.
75.gif

liz-adam

Two things...you can get your park tickets added to your key to the world. They will switch it from the old key to the new one if you want. As for the dining credits. You are correct that they don't expire until midnight, but once you check into your next resort your old credits may expire. We had this happen at a dinner in January this year. We just paid with our new points and they worked it out at the new resort. Not a big deal, just a heads up so you don't freak out like we did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom