Dining Plan Options - AP & MYW

ScrappyTam

I know that there are several different Dining Options available, but I keep getting them confused.

My family and I are planning a trip in Sept. and I am contemplating using the dining options. We we go will have 1 AP and 3 MYW passes. (2A, 1J, 1C).

I have read that there was some way for AP holders to be eligible for the new MYW Dining plan. Is that true? How would that work? With the AP do you automatically get some discounts on food, but can purchase an AP dining card that does more?

Also, if we have to buy only 3 of the dining plans b/c of the AP, could I possibly buy 2 adults &1 Child, but then use it in the restaurants as 3 adults & pay for the child?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Lauriebar

TeeCeeFitz said:
I haven't been able to determine if the AP needs to be an active pass, or can you purchase the DDE with a Voucher? :brick: :confused:

You can order the DDE with a voucher. I ordered mine last week and was asked for some numbers off the back of the green voucher card. I didn't have a problem at all. The person on the phone said I would be receiving a paper voucher in about 1-2 weeks that I can use during my June vacation. The actual card takes 6-8 to get to you.

Upvote 0

ypcat

The MYW plus Dining Plan was great for our family. We went last week, and I figure we at least saved $15 per day each. They give you so much food with the plan that 2 "meals" per day were more than enough...and I for one, love to eat. The table plans include appetiser, entree, and desert, and I rarely ate more than a few bites of the deserts I was so full. One night we even skipped our PS at O'hana and did a counter service because we just weren't hungry.

There were 2 adults and a 2 year old (thus no plan for the youngster), and the only real hastle was having to put our son's meal on seperate check. Half of our table service meals we went to buffets where he was free anyway. And other times we would just let him eat some of ours.

So, unless you have an AP or only want to get quick bites in the park, this is definately a good way to go. I just wish you could get it with a room only reservation, as we already have park tickets for our next trip.

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

I just ordered mine today. Will not have card in time for June trip, so they are sending me an authorization letter to use in time. One more thing, in addition to the restaurants, it's also good for 1/2 price admission to PI for you and a guest. I will be staying at POR, and it says it is good at the River Roost where I'll be drinking beer and watching Bob the piano player most nites. So that's an additional 20% off of my bar bill each nite. Woo Hoo !!! The savings just keep adding up...... :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom