Dining Plan Need Help

poohbear89

Original Poster
My husband and I are going to traveling in October for our 6th visit. This is the first time for using the dining plan. We arrive on a Tuesday in afternoon probably get to hotel by 2 (Port Orleans Riverside). We are staying 5 nights and I am not sure how to get all the meals used by midnight on last night of stay. I am also having difficulty with reservations, I tried La Cellier but it was booked the entire time we are there. I reserved dinner Wednesday at Sci Fi 5 pm, character breakfast at MK on Thursday, Friday Dinner at San Angel at Epcot, and Saturday dinner at Yak and Yetti at AK. How and where should I get the 5th dinner? I really am stressing over this. I am pretty type A about this stuff and I wanted this to be a fun vacation but it's starting to stress me out

dizzyworld

you could always do a dinner show which would use up 2 credits or use it to order a pizza to be delivered to your room on your first night as you may not feel like dining out that first night. you could just go for a meal order something that you would be able to take back to your room to snack on at a later time.:animwink:

EmOhYouEssE

You can actually use the credits until midnight on the day you check out, not on the last night of the stay. (so you arrive on Tues, stay tues, wed, thurs, fri, sat nights, check out Sunday right? you have until midnight SUNDAY to use your credits). Hope that helps.

Em

CleveRocks

My husband and I are going to traveling in October for our 6th visit. This is the first time for using the dining plan. We arrive on a Tuesday in afternoon probably get to hotel by 2 (Port Orleans Riverside). We are staying 5 nights and I am not sure how to get all the meals used by midnight on last night of stay. I am also having difficulty with reservations, I tried La Cellier but it was booked the entire time we are there. I reserved dinner Wednesday at Sci Fi 5 pm, character breakfast at MK on Thursday, Friday Dinner at San Angel at Epcot, and Saturday dinner at Yak and Yetti at AK. How and where should I get the 5th dinner? I really am stressing over this. I am pretty type A about this stuff and I wanted this to be a fun vacation but it's starting to stress me out
I think I see your problem here. Are you thinking that you are limited to precisely one table-service meal for each day? Because you aren't. The DDP gives you a total number of credits. The total number is mathematically derived by the number of nights you are staying at your resort, but you still have a total number you can use however you want.

I notice that you have a character breakfast scheduled for Thursday morning ... simply schedule a dinner ADR for Thursday night! Problem solved.

CleveRocks

You can actually use the credits until midnight on the day you check out, not on the last night of the stay. (so you arrive on Tues, stay tues, wed, thurs, fri, sat nights, check out Sunday right? you have until midnight SUNDAY to use your credits). Hope that helps.

Em
This is an excellent point that I didn't notice at first, but you are 100% correct.

The DDP credits expire after 11:59 p.m. on your check-out day, NOT 11:59 p.m. on the day of your final night going to sleep in your room.

GoofyMom2

Since you are staying at POR, you can dine at Boatright's. While I haven't dined here I have heard excellent reviews.

I see you don't have a ADR for Tuesday (the day of your arrival). If you aren't going to the Parks, you can eat a nice dinner at one of the resorts or in DTD (Wolfgang's and Raglan Road take DDP)....if you don't feel like going out, you could eat at Boatright's. :wave:

Or, have BFast the last day at Boatright's......

PS Don't stress....it's a vacation at Disney! Have a great time!

Lucky

We have a harder time using all of our CS credits. Yesterday we used our last 3 for food to bring with us on Magical Express to eat at the airport.

At this point it's not easy getting good ADRs for an October trip. I would just ask the CM at WDW-DINE what's still open and they'll look up suggestions for you. Not worth stressing over.

ThinkTink721

Yes, a 2-credit dinner meal or show sounds like a good way to go.
My in-laws were actually able to book the Hoop Dee Doo Revue the night before a show during our trip last Sept.
So, there is hope!
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom