Dining Plan Clarification

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
We're leaving in a few days and this is the first time for us on the DDP. :sohappy: I understand it is linked to your room key card. What I need to know is if the four of us are dining together, does DH whip out all 4 cards? or will just one of the adults do? Also, if we split up, I assume as long as both adults have their cards and the childs that if a snack attack comes up, then the two cards is all that's needed?

I just want to make sure I understand this before DH and DS14 go off to ride RRC and me and DS5 get thirsty and I don't have any of the key cards on me for a snack. :D

Thanks

We used the DDP for the first time in August. Only one person's card has to be shown when checks arrive at table service restaurants or to pay at counters or ice cream carts.

One thing to watch: Your receipt should always show the amount of table service, counter meals, or snacks (depending on what you've just bought) that you have left. If it shows a dollar amount, it is being charged to your room. This happened to me twice. The first time was at an ice cream cart in MK. Guest relations told me I had to have this corrected at my resort. The second time it happened was in Epcot. The young lady called a supervisor who fixed it on the spot. Go figure. Neither time was any big deal, but I'm glad I watched my receipts. All in all, we were pleased with DDP and will do it again next year.

Have a wonderful vacation!

sydsmom1997

Deb, as long as all the parties are on the same reservation, you only need one card. All your credits are pooled on to the reservation. Such as, if there are 4 people staying for 5 nights, you have 20 TS, 20 CS, and 20 snacks for the duration of your stay to use as you wish. We just returned 9/2 from a 6 night stay at ASmo. The dining plan was great! One piece of advice for your TS. Make ADR's (if you haven't already). We were fortunate to have made them all before we left, but saw many people turned away from Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, LeCellier, Sci-Fi, Hollywood & Vine, and San Angel. Hope your trip is magical!

Leslie

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We used the DDP for the first time in August. Only one person's card has to be shown when checks arrive at table service restaurants or to pay at counters or ice cream carts.

One thing to watch: Your receipt should always show the amount of table service, counter meals, or snacks (depending on what you've just bought) that you have left. If it shows a dollar amount, it is being charged to your room. This happened to me twice. The first time was at an ice cream cart in MK. Guest relations told me I had to have this corrected at my resort. The second time it happened was in Epcot. The young lady called a supervisor who fixed it on the spot. Go figure. Neither time was any big deal, but I'm glad I watched my receipts. All in all, we were pleased with DDP and will do it again next year.

This is an important piece of information.

Thank you for sharing this.

Pam

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up! We've already made our ADR's well in advance and have even called to have them verified. I told my DS14 his 'job' was to make sure I collected all of our food receipts. :rolleyes: I'll make sure to check them asap once the sale has been made.

I'll also make sure I have my card and DH has his. That way there should be no problems.

Dwarful

Can't wait to hear about your experience! We just added the meal plan to our trip in Dec. w/ a grand gathering of 12. I hope its not too confusing. I have been racking my mind with the schedule of sit down meals at the appropriate park w/Fantasmic/ Candle Light Processional...its all getting crazy. Normally we don't do this much preplan, but I think in the long run it will be worth it! Let us know what kind of snacks you enjoyed..thats the one thing I am still not 100% clear on.

hedbeeninfested

I read in a trip report that someone was turned away from a resuraunt because they weren't ont he dining plan. What resturaunts can turn you away if you dont have the dining plan? I dont understand how that works...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom