Dining plan changes to KILL Free Dining???

mary219

You can definitely eat a LOT cheaper without the DDP, especially with all the changes next year.
without a doubt,there are lots of places on and off property where you can eat for far less than if you paid for the ddp.The ddp gives the convience of knowing your food bill is taken care of before you get there,but for a large group of people(especially if only one member is paying -say the head of a household)the ddp is very expensive.For my family of 4 (i have two older children,but if its not universal studios,they have no desire to go)it is not to bad,i would pay for the ddp, if i was going at a time when the promotion was not being offered,but if all six of us were going ,i may not.It would be cheaper to just eat as you go.If you really want to get great deals,rent a car (at least for a partial time of your trip or you could take a cab),there are so many places around the orlando area now that you could eat much cheaper in than on property as well as the option of picking up some prepared foods in the larger chain stores and eating in your room.

coulty

$37.99 x 6 = $227.94 per night

At that rate, you will be there 21 or 22 nights?

$37.99 a night?? METHINKS WE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF. we live in england and have booked with virgin the ddp through them it is £28.00($55) and£11($20)for children per day,which is $55x6=$330+$20x2=40x14 days=$5180.(i think)

DisneyJoe

$37.99 a night?? METHINKS WE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF. we live in england and have booked with virgin the ddp through them it is £28.00($55) and£11($20)for children per day,which is $55x6=$330+$20x2=40x14 days=$5180.(i think)

Do you have 6 or 8 people over the age of 10?

FYI, the Deluxe Dining Plan is $69.99 per adult (ages 10+) per night and $19.99 per child (ages 3-9) per night.....the Basic DDP is $37.99 and $9.99 respectively.

coulty

Do you have 6 or 8 people over the age of 10?

FYI, the Deluxe Dining Plan is $69.99 per adult (ages 10+) per night and $19.99 per child (ages 3-9) per night.....the Basic DDP is $37.99 and $9.99 respectively.

we have 6 over the age of 10 but that is the price we would be charged for the basic ddp
not a deluxe plan.

coulty

Yes, Disney is going downhill, by encouraging families with kids and people with modest incomes to go to its restaurants. Isn't Disney just supposed to be for adults and rich people?

this is where the problem lies with the ddp,if i have to pay roughly$55 a day for my 10 and 12 year olds i am going to make them eat in the posh restaurants to get my moneys worth, even though they would be happier eating pizza hotdogs etc so no wonder when you get free dining the restaraunts are full of kids all getting the most they can out of it.

goldswas

I think you are right. I have noticed that most of the U.K. tour operators are charging about £28 per day. We were lucky as we can only go in September as my son is away at uni, and by chance got the Ddp for free. Can't complain, the 3 times I have been to Orlando before, we have come home with about £3000 credit card bills for restaurants. Sharon:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom