Dining Package???

amykissangel

Original Poster
I know everyone's been putting up posts about using the dining package, and I'd like to take advantage of all your vast knowledge. My friends and I went in May, and we're big into sit-down restaurants, including The Sci Fi Diner, Mama Melrose, Prime Time 50's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Alfredo's, and a few others. We ate out at a sit-down restaurant at least once, sometimes twice a day. We spent a LOT of money, and since we're all 22 years old, we'd like to find a way to save for our next trip. Can someone, in layman's terms, please explain how the dining plan works? Don't worry about being too detailed - every suggestion/tidbit/-retentive story is relevant. We'd just like to do the math and see if it would save us some money next year. Thanks a lot!:wave:

jazzylsu

I also have a question about the dining package. Are Disney Vacation Club members able to purchase a dining package? I will be returning in February and think this would be a wonderful package since I am bringing more friends and family with me this time. It would save tremendously.

Thanks for your help

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
amykissangel said:
I know everyone's been putting up posts about using the dining package, and I'd like to take advantage of all your vast knowledge. My friends and I went in May, and we're big into sit-down restaurants, including The Sci Fi Diner, Mama Melrose, Prime Time 50's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Alfredo's, and a few others. We ate out at a sit-down restaurant at least once, sometimes twice a day. We spent a LOT of money, and since we're all 22 years old, we'd like to find a way to save for our next trip. Can someone, in layman's terms, please explain how the dining plan works? Don't worry about being too detailed - every suggestion/tidbit/-retentive story is relevant. We'd just like to do the math and see if it would save us some money next year. Thanks a lot!:wave:

For $40US/day you get one sit-down meal [appetizer/entree/dessert OR full buffet, plus one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage], one counter service meal [entree/dessert or complete combo meal/dessert, plus one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage], and one snack [ice cream novelty/popsicle/fruit bar/single serving popcorn/single piece whole fruit/single serving Frito-Lay's chips/20oz Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite or 24oz Dasani water/medium fountain soft drink or Apple juice] per day of your stay. You can use them at any time during your stay, you get a receipt after each use showing what you have left. Some restaurants deduct two sit down meals for your meal, others charge extra for certain items on the menu.

The full brochure is at: http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdwi/images2003/languagespecific/en_CA/tickets/MYWDining.pdf

jazzylsu said:
I also have a question about the dining package. Are Disney Vacation Club members able to purchase a dining package? I will be returning in February and think this would be a wonderful package since I am bringing more friends and family with me this time. It would save tremendously.

Thanks for your help

As far as I know, it's only available with Magic Your Way packages. DVC members can get the Disney Dining Experience discount card for $50US, which gives you 20% discounts... but I don't know the details.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
jazzylsu said:

Thanks for your help

If you are booking a magic your way package with dining for your next trip, then yes you can take advantage of it. If you just want the dining part of the package then the answer unfortunately is no.

Pam

MomofKatie

Kingdom Konsultant said:
If you are booking a magic your way package with dining for your next trip, then yes you can take advantage of it. If you just want the dining part of the package then the answer unfortunately is no.

Pam

Disney will start offering the Dining plan to DVC members in April (you can start booking the Plan in January). The cost will be the same- $37.99/day for ages 10 and up, $10.99/day for children aged 3-9. The Dining plan will be available to add on to your DVC resort stay, and won't be tied to any tickets!! That means if you have an AP, you won't have to buy any park tickets to take advantage of the Dining Plan. Great news for DVC folks- I'm excited because we plan to rent points for our next vacation, and now we can get the Dining Plan!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I was informed some time ago that the dining will be offered as of April. But since jazzy is going in february she will unfortunately not be able to take part in it.

Pam

Rayzer

I remembered i signed up for the dining plan last June..and it was sweeeeeeeet:animwink:! And then in November...i tried calling the same airlines....(American)..and they said Disney isn't doing it anymore....=.="...but...is anyone sure that it will come back on april:D? hmm...i guess i might come back again this summer =D

MomofKatie

pixel-dust said:
So after April AP holders who normally just day trip will be able to use the dining plan for 40.00 per person?

No. Starting in April, people using DVC points for their accomodations will be able to get the DDP for the same # of nights they are staying at the DVC resort. Everyone on the ressie must purchase the DDP, and it must be purchased for the same # of nights booked. But, being able to get the Plan will not be tied to any ticket purchase, i.e., a DVC owner who has an AP can stay at BWV for 5 nights using his points and add the Dining Plan on for the same price as guests who book a regular resort room with a package (non DVC owners). Day guests aren't eligible for the Dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom