Dining Options

kltam00

Original Poster
My first post for info was successful, so let's see if you guys can duplicate that.

I'm looking for some dining options for an upcoming trip in September. I'm familiar with the dining plan, I have used it twice in the past. I have already booked Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Playhouse Disney lunch and Chef Mickey breakfast. I need to find three other table service options. I'm trying to avoid having to use 2, so we passed on CRT this trip. I have two kids, 5 & 2. Suggestions?

We're staying at the Contemporary, so I was thinking about trying Concourse Steakhouse one night?

tigsmom

How about the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL? Its a great place for kids and the food at all meals is very good (breakfast skillets are our favorites).

The Concourse is ok, but if you are already eating at Le Cellier, its kind of a letdown. Have you looked thru all of the menus? You can match up a place with whatever park you will be in for the day.

k.hunter30

My first post for info was successful, so let's see if you guys can duplicate that.

I'm looking for some dining options for an upcoming trip in September. I'm familiar with the dining plan, I have used it twice in the past. I have already booked Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Playhouse Disney lunch and Chef Mickey breakfast. I need to find three other table service options. I'm trying to avoid having to use 2, so we passed on CRT this trip. I have two kids, 5 & 2. Suggestions?

We're staying at the Contemporary, so I was thinking about trying Concourse Steakhouse one night?
How about a meal at MK? (I see you already have two in Epcot and even with a park hopper it can be a pain having to travel to parks just b/c you have a ressie there.) I would suggest Crystal Palace - great if they're Pooh and friends fans - which I am. I've heard good reviews on Liberty Tree Tavern, but I honestly think the food doesn't sound that great - especially when I can get good home-cooking at home.

My family and I LOVE Boma! It's in AKL. While the buffet has some "different" food, it has regular stuff everyone can enjoy as well. We LOVE visiting AKL and eating there is our excuse to do so. If you go for dinner, stay around the lodge until 9 p.m. so that you can do the night vision viewing of the animals. Really neat!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Welcome!
Glad you've already had some success visiting this site.

Is it just you and the two children, or is there another adult?

In any case, with the younger kids, it doesn't much matter where you go as the kid menu's don't change that much.

50's Prime Time or Sci Fi drive in at MGM are well themed and have a lot going on to keep the kids attention.

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge also has some fun shenanigans that the kids would enjoy as well as good food.

In MK, Liberty Tree Tavern has a character dinner (buffet) (not as hectic as some other character meals)

Consider Rose and Crown (UK) in Epcot

Here's a link to a good restaurant resource, providing menu's for all locations:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

JikoMarie

Could you give us some more information on what you are looking for? What parks will you be visiting? That's usually the easiest way to choose restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom