Dining at Tutto Italia, Boma, and/or Jungle Navigation Question

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi. Has anyone had dinner at Tutto Italia and/or Boma recently? We have never ate at these restaurants and was wondering if they are good picks. Also, has anyone been to Jungle Navigation Co. recently and seen the yucca planks? I was there last year and the server was able to substitute them for the mashed plantains that I noticed are no longer on the menu.

belledream

We were pleasantly surprised and impressed by the food at Tutto Italia. Not a huge fan of eating Italian while eating out but our meals felt very high quality - almost as if we were at a Signature restaurant.

Boma is hands down our favorite buffet at Disney. The selection is immense and unique, from beginning courses like soups to the sweet, sweet ending in an array of desserts. Well worth a trip out to AKL.

aw14

Ate at all 3 on our most recent trip early November 2017. We absolutely love the overall food and experience at Jungle. Boma to us is the best buffet on property. Tutto was very good, but we felt we could get the same level of Italian food at home.

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your input. I have made reservations for all of them and was just second-guessing myself regarding Italia and Boma since I never ate there. My dad wanted an Italian place and I originally made a reservation at Trattoria al Forno, but changed it to Italia when the reservations opened up. My husband wanted a new place with an assortment of African-style food since my dad did not like Tusker House. We have been going to Jungle since it opened as there is really no other TS restaurant in MK that we like. Although, I want to try Liberty Tree Tavern sometime, just not during the summer months.

Weather_Lady

We had dinner at Boma last year -- we enjoyed it, although perhaps we'd heard too many good things about it, as we didn't think it lived up to the hype (the food was good but not great, a tiny bit exotic but not as much as we'd have liked, and some items -- like the bone-dry, rock-hard breads and rolls, or the gristle-filled carved meats -- were affirmatively poor) -- plus, it was an inconvenient detour as we weren't staying at AKL. Even though we had attentive service and a terrific window table at a far end of the dining room, the place felt (and sounded) like a noisy school cafeteria. If we had it to do again... well, we wouldn't. If we want a noisy buffet, we'll go to Biergarten or Tusker House, and if we want a quieter meal of African-inspired or Indian cuisine and a reason to visit the beautiful AKL, we'll go to Jiko or Sanaa.

DisneyDayDreamer

My family enjoys Tutto, but we weren't impressed with Boma. After eating at Tusker House, Boma withers in comparison. That being said I have a many friends that enjoy it.

dreamfinder

Boma is tasty. It's getting a bit pricey, especially when you can get a great meal at Jiko for not much more. But it's a great option to experience alot of food choices that are influenced by African tastes without completely counting out American preferences.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Tutto is good but kinda standard Italian

Boma is good...but as others have stated isn't much less than Jiko which is superior. Sanaa is one of the most underrated places on the map as it stands now.

Skippers was "ok"...but magic kingdom food generally is mediocre at best...so by that measure it's not a bad option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom