Dining Advice Needed!

Wilson-uk

Original Poster
We are off to the world in 3 weeks :sohappy: and were trying to find somewhere quick and easy to eat in the evening after a long day traveling.
4 of our party are staying in the Yacht Club and the other 2 are staying at the Swan so we figured we would stroll to the boardwalk for that evening.
We liked the look of the Big River Grille but have looked on trip advisor and the reviews look terrible. Any advice for this restaurant would be appreciated!
Although its only going to be a quick meal we dont want to start the holiday with being disappointed!!
Thanks in advance

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We are off to the world in 3 weeks :sohappy: and were trying to find somewhere quick and easy to eat in the evening after a long day traveling.
4 of our party are staying in the Yacht Club and the other 2 are staying at the Swan so we figured we would stroll to the boardwalk for that evening.
We liked the look of the Big River Grille but have looked on trip advisor and the reviews look terrible. Any advice for this restaurant would be appreciated!
Although its only going to be a quick meal we dont want to start the holiday with being disappointed!!
Thanks in advance

I havent dined in these places but Flying Fish on the BW or Bluezoo in the Swan/dolphin are highly rated!!

Otherwise how about heading to the WS for a meal folloed by Illuminations???

DizneyPryncess

The ESPN Club is my favorite place to eat on the Boardwalk, simply because it's fun & quick. DH & I love sports, so if there's a game on of some sort we head there. I personally really like the food. We just get appetizers & sandwiches, nothing too crazy.

Also on the Boardwalk is Kouzzina's, which I think went in where Spoodles was. It's pretty new, and wasn't open when I was there last year. Check out some reviews & menu's for that. Might be a nice option for you. I'm afraid I can't be of much help with the Big River Grille. We weren't crazy about the menu, so we didn't go in.

Like crush said, Flying Fish is another Boardwalk option. We're non-seafood eaters so I have never been there either. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

Crush Dude!

The ESPN Club is my favorite place to eat on the Boardwalk, simply because it's fun & quick. DH & I love sports, so if there's a game on of some sort we head there. I personally really like the food. We just get appetizers & sandwiches, nothing too crazy.

Also on the Boardwalk is Kouzzina's, which I think went in where Spoodles was. It's pretty new, and wasn't open when I was there last year. Check out some reviews & menu's for that. Might be a nice option for you. I'm afraid I can't be of much help with the Big River Grille. We weren't crazy about the menu, so we didn't go in.

Like crush said, Flying Fish is another Boardwalk option. We're non-seafood eaters so I have never been there either. Enjoy your trip! :wave:

ESPN Club is def on my list next time, havent been to the BW yet!!!

wdwfan100

Big river is actually pretty good. Just keep in mind that it is a micro brew pub. So you will not be dazzled by a gourmet culinary experience. For pub food though it is just fine. The also have a good selection of craft beers. I think it is a great option for a quick meal and beer.

disneygirl1

I'm definitely a fan of the ESPN Zone... Food is good and the atmosphere is great fun! Kouzzina would be a goos choice as well if you like Greek Food. Or why not Try the Clam Bake Buffet at Beach Club if you like seafood, I have heard great things about it!

protiius

espn zone seems to fit the bill as it is somewhere that you can get a quick meal and good quality food in a fun (if you like sports) environment. plus it's close to where you're staying.

Crush Dude!

espn zone seems to fit the bill as it is somewhere that you can get a quick meal and good quality food in a fun (if you like sports) environment. plus it's close to where you're staying.

Would u recommend ESPN to someone who enjoys planet hollywood :wave:

tampabrad

Places for dinner.....

Beach Club

Cape May Cafe-buffett, I love it but not quick
Beaches and Cream-This would be on my top for quick and good, burgers, sandwiches etc...and awesome sundaes. (No Way Jose-so yummy) Only challenge is they are walk up only and large parties may not sit together. It is a small place so it fills up quick.

Boardwalk

ESPN-same kind of menu as Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood
Boardwalk Pizza Window-super quick, but very overpriced for decent pizza
Big River-more than bar food, burgers, steaks seafood...Honestly, I love microbrewed beer, but I have never had a good experience here.
Flying Fish and Kouzzina are great, but NOT for something quick.

Dolphin

Picabu Buffeteria-Grill is opened late, Premade salads/sandwiches 24 hours, never been there but it sounds quick and easy.
Shula's and Bluzoo are fantastic, but NOT quick.

Swan

Il Mulino-not quick
Kimonos-great sushi, but not everyone loves sushi

Yacht Club
Captains Grill and Yachtmans Steakhouse-again great, but not really quick

I think I got everything. Personally, I would stick with Beaches, ESPN, grabbing a pizza or Picabu. Hope it helps.

NiarrNDisney

Why don't ya'll meet in the middle at the Dolphin and check out The Fountain.
Its a great inexpensive Dineresq restaurant with huge portions of typical and slightley adventurous Diner options, plus the have a great desert menu.
Another thought is that you could consider Boardwalk To Go and or the Pizza Window both located on the Boardwalk (BWR) and dine alfresco under the Florida sky.

Wilson-uk

Original Poster
well....could you honour your payments and have the consultant help you plan a menu using some JC food and some at home foods to tide you over until things improve for you?i hope you can find a system that works to get you through your hard times....gud luck;)

Im sorry but i haven't got a clue what your going on about!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom