Dining Advice Needed

TinkSassy

Original Poster
We are using the Disney Dining Plan for the first time Christmas week this year. I don't have much experience with the TS restaurants as we haven't made the time before. Your input on our plan below and menu recommendations are appreciated.

Christmas Eve
2pm seating at Chefs de France (Candlelight Processional Seating 5pm)
9pm seating at Rose and Crown (Hoping for Illuminations at 930p)

Christmas
815a Character Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
4pm at Prime Time 50s

26th
5:30p Crystal Palace Character Dinner

- We saved our counter service for later in the week, as we don't expect to be able to cover the parks efficiently on the 24th and 25th. Just trying to do the holiday parade at MK, Holidays around the world, Candlelight processional, holiday show at MK and Osborne lights. Any rides during those days are a bonus . . . .

Your advice is appreciated!!!!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are using the Disney Dining Plan for the first time Christmas week this year. I don't have much experience with the TS restaurants as we haven't made the time before. Your input on our plan below and menu recommendations are appreciated.

Christmas Eve

Christmas
4pm at Prime Time 50s

26th

- We saved our counter service for later in the week, as we don't expect to be able to cover the parks efficiently on the 24th and 25th. Just trying to do the holiday parade at MK, Holidays around the world, Candlelight processional, holiday show at MK and Osborne lights. Any rides during those days are a bonus . . . .

Hi! Have a great trip over Christmas!! :xmas: My DH and I first TS every trip is R&C! We love it! My fav is the shepards pie (not always on dinner menu but available if you ask for it!) I love love love the Potato Leek Soup. And my DH raves about the bangers and mash! As for dessert - sticky toffee pudding!! LOVES IT! :slurp:

I haven't eatten at the Chefs since the '90's. I was in high school at the time and my dad made me order in French. All I remember is our waiter - Patrick - was gorgeous!! As for a meal, I can be kind of picky so it was hard for me to find something.

As for Crystal Palace - characters are so great and but I have only done b'fast. 1900 Park Fare - we try to hit this too - one of our fave bfasts! Can't go wrong with a character buffet breakfast! :slurp:

IMO, I don't like 50's Prime Time. My DH does though. I've been told the meat loaf is amazing!

Have a great trip! Happy dining!!

SchultzFamily

Christmas Eve

Christmas
4pm at Prime Time 50s

26th

They sound great. But quick question: have you already made your reservations? You say you want to "try for 9:30 for Illuminations" but make no indication if you've made your adr's or not. If you haven't, I would do it NOW as that is going to be a very busy week and a lot of stuff is going to be already booked.

TinkSassy

Original Poster
I've booked all the dining times. Not sure if I booked far enough out for Illuminations??? I didn't want to book to early and have to head out before the show . . .

Kaotica

I've booked all the dining times. Not sure if I booked far enough out for Illuminations??? I didn't want to book to early and have to head out before the show . . .

You are going to be there the same time as me! It's a good thing you booked early. I booked mine in September, and I called to make reservations.. to ANY restaurant that I could get, and they said all was booked on all of those days. I could have called everyday to check if there were any cancellations.. but it would just be more stressful. Have fun!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom