Dine-In Theater now under construction at AMC Pleasure Island

JWG

I actually like this idea. We have one of these in our area (not sure it's AMC, but it is a Cinema Grill). They're fun.

It's a great first date :)D). If things aren't going well you get dinner and a movie at the same time! If they are, you can always go out again.

devoy1701

This sounds like something we'd try. My fiance doesn't like to just sit in a theater and watch movies too much, especially if they're over 2 hrs long. I think this is a good solution for my problem!

mickeysshoes

Do we know when they will be opening?? and will they be taking the Disney Dining Plan??? ( would think NO...but have to ask) and will they take ADR???? I think this is a pretty cool idea and might just keep me awake for an entire movie!!!!

rangerbob

Why more parking spots? I always park in lot 6? (I think it is that #). It is behind DQ and there is never anybody in there. I normally can park in the first parking spot only a few rows away from Cirque.

Plutoguy

I like the idea of this and would love to try it. My question is let's say during a Movie, does the server come in take my order and then bring the food in? How does this affect every one elses right to a quite and undisturbing movie going event???:shrug:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I like the idea of this and would love to try it. My question is let's say during a Movie, does the server come in take my order and then bring the food in? How does this affect every one elses right to a quite and undisturbing movie going event???:shrug:

bah! edit: didnt actually read the website describing how it all works. My opinion is if you don't want that possibility, don't sit in that theater.
edit 2: also notice the name change on the sign....Downtown Disney AMC 24. I thought they were changing to Downtown Disney AMC 20. Maybe eventually since that was only a paper sign.

TP2000

These dine-in theaters are great! I love the one at GardenWalk across the street from Disneyland, CinemaFusion it's called, because they also have a wing of just 21+ theaters where they serve wine and cocktails, thus keeping out all the precious kiddies and teens. It's heaven!

I don't go to see new movies there, as most new movies are complete junk IMO, but they also run old classics from the mid 20th century there in the 21+ theaters.

Any word on these DTD theaters serving alcohol and having a 21 year old age limit? Regardless, this is a hot trend in theaters and DTD is wise to jump on the dine-in bandwagon here.

Gatorboy

Does anyone know the difference between the Fork & Screen and the Cinema Suites? Both are on AMC sites about dine-in theaters. Will DD24 have both?

GizmoDuck

This has A.D.D. generation written all over it :rolleyes: ...:lol:

That aside I think this is a cool concept, will definitely be giving it a try when it opens.

jt04

Why more parking spots? I always park in lot 6? (I think it is that #). It is behind DQ and there is never anybody in there. I normally can park in the first parking spot only a few rows away from Cirque.

You should probably "bing" "Hyperion Wharf" or just search this site as Steve has some exclusive artwork about the new and improved DTD.

Then you will understand why they will need more parking.

Brian_WDW74

Does anyone know the difference between the Fork & Screen and the Cinema Suites? Both are on AMC sites about dine-in theaters. Will DD24 have both?

Cinema Suites are for ages 21 and over only. The seats are leather recliners with individual tables that pivot out from the seat. Fork & Screen theaters have more typical theater seats, though there are fewer of them than in a typical theater and they're spaced out more. They don't have individual tables. They're open to people under the age of 21, but guests younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

Another difference is that Cinema Suites initially cost more to attend because the food vouchers that you're required to purchase are of a higher value than the vouchers you must purchase for the Fork & Screen theaters. But since their menus are identical, I typically wind up spending about the same amount for food no matter which theater I attend.

SMRT-1

You should probably "bing" "Hyperion Wharf" or just search this site as Steve has some exclusive artwork about the new and improved DTD.

Then you will understand why they will need more parking.

haha at "bing" and haha at more parking. get real seriously.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've been at DtD on a Saturday night and a Sunday night. I've been there on "Black Friday," albeit not at night. I've been there in the summer and during the holidays. There has always been adequate parking throughout. Disney is not going to build a garage there, not for Hyperion Wharf and not for a new "dine-in" theatre at AMC.....

Lee

Adventurer
You should probably "bing" "Hyperion Wharf" or just search this site as Steve has some exclusive artwork about the new and entirely inferior DTD.
There. Fixed that for you.

As for the whole "dine-in" theater thing....I don't think I'm gonna like it.
I absolutely hate any sort of intrusion or distraction while watching a movie. Having waitresses wander in to deliver food and such....sounds like it would be severely annoying.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom