Digital SLR

Unomas

Original Poster
I'm looking at getting my first DSLR. My budget is around $700, but if I can get away with spending less that would be ideal.

This will be an all-purpose camera for me. I'm going to Disney World this summer and I want to be able to take some really nice night shots. Something to show reflections and lighting very well.

My selections are...

Canon XS
Canon XSi
Nikon D60

I'm really leaning towards a Canon because I like the interface and I'm used to it from school work. Newegg has a pretty good deal going on for the Canon XS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ubCategory=784&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

How good is the second lens?

Also, is the jump from the XS to the XSi worth the additional money for my needs?

I threw the Nikon into the mix for anyone who might think its a better option.

What cameras do the people on this forum use to shoot at Disney World. Samples? I know about the picture of the day thread but most people don't list the camera used.

Thank you.

gspin2k1

I'm looking at getting my first DSLR. My budget is around $700, but if I can get away with spending less that would be ideal.

This will be an all-purpose camera for me. I'm going to Disney World this summer and I want to be able to take some really nice night shots. Something to show reflections and lighting very well.

My selections are...

Canon XS
Canon XSi
Nikon D60

I'm really leaning towards a Canon because I like the interface and I'm used to it from school work. Newegg has a pretty good deal going on for the Canon XS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ubCategory=784&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

How good is the second lens?

Also, is the jump from the XS to the XSi worth the additional money for my needs?

I threw the Nikon into the mix for anyone who might think its a better option.

What cameras do the people on this forum use to shoot at Disney World. Samples? I know about the picture of the day thread but most people don't list the camera used.

Thank you.

My fiancee has a D40 and I think it's great. My little brother uses a Rebel Xsi and I loved that one. I tend to like Canon more than Nikon, but honestly both make great cameras. I guess when it comes down to it, try out both and see how you like it in regards to feel and what not. I like the shutter speed for the Rebel. I guess you really can't go wrong either way.

~G

happymom52003

I bought a D60 and love it. Really, the only reason I chose Nikon over Canon was because I went to a camera store and played with them. I liked the feel of the Nikon better. I found the reviews for Nikon and Canon were pretty much split down the middle, so I do not think you can go wrong with either.

j&bconnecticut

Go with what is most comfortable for you. Make sure you have a spot where you can put the camera down for longer exposures. I've always had good luck with Canon.

PhotoDave219

Barnes and Nobel today had National Geographic's Ultimate Field Guide to Photography in the bargain section for $13 dollars.

I highly recommend spending the $30 dollars (or less if they're in the bargain section!) and really learn how to use that camera and get the night shots and reflections you want.

EnchantedRose

I have the Canon Rebel XSi. Hubby and I decided to get it right before our last trip in March. Let me tell you I LOVE IT. We took some amazing shots (i'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures up on the site:confused:). I really haven't played with the settings too much & I'm hoping to learn a few tricks before our trip in Sept...but just the Auto settings we got amazing shots!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom