digital scrappers

eagles

Original Poster
i don't know if you know how to round you corners on a photo, but if you do, would you mind sharing?

i finally found a cookie cutter that is the shape i want but it was made for a quote so the little comma like thing is on there, but if you adjust the shape just right it does not show. but the end result is rounded corners on the photos.

i am sick and in bed, so i am not even sure any of that made sense.

k.hunter30

i don't know if you know how to round you corners on a photo, but if you do, would you mind sharing?

i finally found a cookie cutter that is the shape i want but it was made for a quote so the little comma like thing is on there, but if you adjust the shape just right it does not show. but the end result is rounded corners on the photos.

i am sick and in bed, so i am not even sure any of that made sense.
I'm clueless on an answer to your question (I've never scrapbooked digitally), but I do want to say that i hope you feel better soon! :wave:

bladesfamily

It all depends on what program you use for digital scrapping.

I use Paint Shop Pro ... and I just go and make a selection in whatever shape I want around the photo and then invert it and hit delete and it takes away the excess leaving the rounded edges or the selection shape on your photo.

If you need any help with it, let me know.

minnie2000

Eagles, this has been annoying me for a few weeks now, and I have been fiddling with photoshop, trying to do it. I have just found a way, and I will post it later, as I am just on my way out.

minnie2000

Ok - I have found a way to do this. I use photoshop, so I can only explain how you do it with that programme!

1.Open a new file. On the menu on the left, click on the shape tool, and choose custom shape. Choose to load the 'shapes' option (I hope this makes sense - it's not easy to explain). You can then choose a shape which is a square with rounded corners, and a smaller square inside.

2. Stamp this shape onto your new blank layout. Flatten it, and then using the paint bucket, fill in the inside square, so that you just have one big square with rounded corners.

3. Using the magic wand tool, select your shape, and then you will be able to move it.

4. Move the shape onto your layout and resize it. Place your picture or paper on top, and create a clipping mask. This will cut your picture to the shape you want, a square with rounded edges.

I'm not sure how well I explained that, so if it does not make sense, let me know, and I will share the shape (somehow!) and you can just use that to make a clipping mask.

Hope this helps!

eagles

Original Poster
thanks everyone.

i don't even remember posting this thread, i must have been really sick. (which i was)

that cookie cutter shape and/or custom shape tool actually works pretty good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom