digital camera tips

d0peychik

Original Poster
anyone have any tips on a kodak dx 3500? i noticed when we took pics inside the pictures had white spots on them i dont know if it was the flash or the lighting or what? im not good with that stuff

also if u have any tips on getting shots at a distance
all advise would be great bc i want to be prepared for a trip coming up soon thanks

TURKEY

I don't have a clue about what might be wrong, but you might be able to find some good information in the Technicques and Tips forum.

This will probally be moved there anyway, but it could give you a head start of trying to find a solution to your problem.

DisneyCP2000

First off... Welcome to the forums!!!!

Check the lens for dust? That could be one reason.

As for distance shots make sure you balance the photo properly. Don't take too much sky or too much land or you'll see big open areas on your photo. I didn't follow this rule in Epcot WSC and paid for it. I got a picture of WSC and it's all water and sky. :( Blah. (See attached photo)

As for family photos...remember that you don't need a picture of you're family's legs and such. So when taking a picture in front of the Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, or the Sorcerer's hat tell the family to stand close to the camera and take a shot of em with the background. It stinks to have a photo with the family with really small faces.
Group photos...ask a cast member, they're more than willing to take one for ya. It sucks not being in the picture.
Lastly...If you're new with you're camera head Downtown or a park and take some practice shots. That way you can judge/sense how your camera works. Make sure to try this out during the day and night. That way you'll be ready for really wonderful dusk shots.

Aside: Make sure you get plenty of memory for your camera. Digital photography is fun when you don't have to download photos all the time or have to swap cards all the time.

As for night shots check this link...click here

Hope this helps ya. :D

Attachments

• worldshowcase.jpg
    worldshowcase.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 131

emmagata

Originally posted by d0peychik
anyone have any tips on a kodak dx 3500? i noticed when we took pics inside the pictures had white spots on them i dont know if it was the flash or the lighting or what? im not good with that stuff

also if u have any tips on getting shots at a distance
all advise would be great bc i want to be prepared for a trip coming up soon thanks

If you're getting white spots that seem to be floating in the air, that's exactly what it is. What you're seeing is the flash bouncing off small dust particles floating in the air in front of the camera. The reason you see this is because the flash on the camera is close to the lens. This is the same reason that small point and shoot cameras cause red-eye on people and animals. Not much you can do about it except edit them out with a photo editing program.

garysargent

Another cause of this is long exposure shots with a very slow shutter speed. My Sony camera warns about this in the manual and says this is normal for digital cameras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom