Digital Camera/ No Laptop???

Hi! This may be a REALLY stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case there's something I don't know. :confused:

I have a digital camera, but no laptop to download my pictures on nightly while I'm in WDW. I was just wondering if I'll need to buy lots of memory cards for my trip or is there another option that I'm overlooking? Maybe a way to download to a CD at WDW or something?

Thank you for any advice you might have!!!​

flynnibus

Premium Member
And where I'm getting it from...? Oh, how about my friend who has three degrees in computer science, is a network engineer who worked on security devices for the US Military or my Love who's been an MIS manager supporting over 700 in-house PC's for over ten years? Both of them avoid the brand for it's lack of durability and it's poor quality.

Everyone have their 'favorite brands' but Kingston is not generic nor cheapy - take it from someone doing all the above for over 20 years. (and we Electrical Engineers tend to ignore CS guys when it comes to hardware.. they don't do anything with it :) ). In fact, until the early 2000s.. kingston was the PRIMO brand. Kingston INVENTED the SIMM - the defacto memory module used until higher capacity DIMMs overtook it. Even back in 2005 - they were the world's largest 3rd party supplier of memory kits (http://www.kingston.com/press/2005/corporate/05a.asp)

If you've had success with it, by all means, keep using it. Some people love PNY as well though I find it crap. It's worth the extra dollar or two to buy a Sandisk product in my opinion when buying flash memory since it's their technology and everyone else just leases it from them.
-m

Sandisk created the CompactFlash format - they didn't invent flash memory, nor does anyone 'lease' it from them. The CompactFlash Association was been setup to handle the CompactFlash brand and its trademarks. Licensing of the CF brand is available royalty free from members of the CFA. They basically invented a great packaging and bundling that make a very easy, portable device. They didn't invent the underlying things.

But as we know.. very few devices uses CF anymore anyways. SD overtook it and now we have SDHC - all of which uses different tech then CF. Sandisk is one of the founders of SD as well and typically are great products. You just have to watch - the economy products are not nearly the same as their higher grade products. Performance varies greatly over the product range.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Hi! This may be a REALLY stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case there's something I don't know. :confused:

I have a digital camera, but no laptop to download my pictures on nightly while I'm in WDW. I was just wondering if I'll need to buy lots of memory cards for my trip or is there another option that I'm overlooking? Maybe a way to download to a CD at WDW or something?​

Thank you for any advice you might have!!!​
unless you want to do the photopass, i would recommend the memory cards. or while you are there, you can go to a cvs or other photoplace to have your pics put on a disk. that way you can delete them from the memory card and then you can keep using them.
i hope this helps

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom