Difficulty booking 6 months in advance?

eliza61nyc

lol, so I don't book my dining reservations until about 3 months out. I'll make some today for my August 29th trip. Now this is just me personally, there are a rare few disney restaurants that I would miss if I didn't get reservations and outside of Epcot, park restaurants tend to be some of the worst on site. So I will always choose a resort restaurant over a park one 7 days a week.

I've never had any issues.

CaptainAmerica

lol, so I don't book my dining reservations until about 3 months out. I'll make some today for my August 29th trip. Now this is just me personally, there are a rare few disney restaurants that I would miss if I didn't get reservations and outside of Epcot, park restaurants tend to be some of the worst on site. So I will always choose a resort restaurant over a park one 7 days a week.

I've never had any issues.
This. The only two I book early are Ohana dinner when I'm traveling with a large party or Rose and Crown when I specifically want the 8:00 reservation (also with a large party).

crawale

Hi 🙂 we’re coming for our third visit in October this year, and have the free DDP (staying at the Beach Club Resort). We’ve always had to be a bit flexible when booking our table service meals six months in advance, but have ultimately been able to get all of the character meals etc that we wanted. We’re able to start booking next Friday, and have been checking ahead, just to see availability for the latest dates currently showing. We’re pretty concerned to see that, for example, today’s latest available date to book is 18th October, and there seems to be pretty much nothing left to book! We’ve never seen it look this busy, and are worried it’s due to Disney opening the early booking up to other non Disney hotels this year.
Has anyone been booking their table service meals recently, and have you had a problem getting what’s you want?
Thank you.
You are exactly right. It is becoming less and less of an advantage to stay on property. Same thing is happening with Fast Passes. Plus of course Disney is giving away free dining to all and sundry.

arak

Wow, do they do that (and will you have time on a MNSSHP night?)?!
We’ve always found them so manic we haven’t thought about food 😂
Yes They do. If you have a ticket for the party you can book later that 6:00 p.m. We did it last year at the MVMCP.

eliza61nyc

Hi 🙂 we’re coming for our third visit in October this year, and have the free DDP (staying at the Beach Club Resort). We’ve always had to be a bit flexible when booking our table service meals six months in advance, but have ultimately been able to get all of the character meals etc that we wanted. We’re able to start booking next Friday, and have been checking ahead, just to see availability for the latest dates currently showing. We’re pretty concerned to see that, for example, today’s latest available date to book is 18th October, and there seems to be pretty much nothing left to book! We’ve never seen it look this busy, and are worried it’s due to Disney opening the early booking up to other non Disney hotels this year.
Has anyone been booking their table service meals recently, and have you had a problem getting what’s you want?
Thank you.
You are exactly right. It is becoming less and less of an advantage to stay on property. Same thing is happening with Fast Passes. Plus of course Disney is giving away free dining to all and sundry.

I don't know crawale, I've been going to the world for a while and I remember even back in the 90's some meals especially Character meals were hard to come by. I remember being warned that I had to have the number predialed and ready to go if I wanted CRT. and does anyone remember when Le Cellier was all the rage? you couldn't get into that either. now it's always available because no one wants to give up 2 dining credits.

I just went on wdw site and looked for october 18th, there is plenty available. character meal dinners I found.

1525272312358.png

oops didn;'t copy all of them.
chefs Mickey
Garden Grill
Hollywood and Vine
Tusker house
Mickey's backyard BBQ

all have openings for dinner. CRT and BOG are of course full but again those two have always been hard to get. so out of 14 character meals there is 50% availability. nothing new.

now I filtered by character meals, if you just want dinner there is even more open. interestingly enough I went to my next to last day which is September 2 and both CRT and Crystal palace are available for breakfast. lol, I'm going to grab crystal palace and torture my 20 something year olds for pictures with pooh.

Andy_0410

I don't know crawale, I've been going to the world for a while and I remember even back in the 90's some meals especially Character meals were hard to come by. I remember being warned that I had to have the number predialed and ready to go if I wanted CRT. and does anyone remember when Le Cellier was all the rage? you couldn't get into that either. now it's always available because no one wants to give up 2 dining credits.

I just went on wdw site and looked for october 18th, there is plenty available. character meal dinners I found.

View attachment 281770

oops didn;'t copy all of them.
chefs Mickey
Garden Grill
Hollywood and Vine
Tusker house
Mickey's backyard BBQ

all have openings for dinner. CRT and BOG are of course full but again those two have always been hard to get. so out of 14 character meals there is 50% availability. nothing new.

now I filtered by character meals, if you just want dinner there is even more open. interestingly enough I went to my next to last day which is September 2 and both CRT and Crystal palace are available for breakfast. lol, I'm going to grab crystal palace and torture my 20 something year olds for pictures with pooh.

Haha love it
What time did you see tusker house for?
Earlier than I am going but wondering if later times will open up once opening times of the park are confirmed 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom