Did you ever meet Walt? Or do you know someone who did?

NearTheEars

There is actually one of the longest tenured CM's who is a waitress at Disneyworld to this day that personally waited on Walt and his wife multiple times. A CM at Hollywood and Vine told me about that a few weeks ago. Also when I was in line at the airport a lady saw that we were Disney bound and told me that her roommate from college was on the original Mickey Mouse Club back in the day. So it's possible that lady did as well. The one person that I know for SURE met Walt was Mary Costa and a few years ago she almost came to a surprise birthday party for me but wound up having to cancel but sent me some autographed pics and some printouts with stories of her personal time with Walt. It was really awesome. She is my wife's favorite princess and when my wife got to meet her she geeked out pretty hard. Mary lives here in Knoxville and frequents a grocery store where my step brother's buddy worked at the time and that was how I wound up getting connected to her because he told her he knew someone obsessed with Disney. She is a VERY gracious lady and spoke very highly of Walt.

I'm assuming she started her CM days at Disneyland then before working at WDW?

An old family friend of ours had the last name "Disney". When I was a kid I automatically assumed she would have met Walt. She didn't. Her late husband was either 2nd cousins or 1st cousins once removed from him. She lived in Canada and as some may know this is where Walt had some roots originally.

Either way, has anyone on here met Walt? Or had a family member or friend do so?
I was raised in California and Hawaii as my father was in the Navy. One day while in California without explanation he took us to this place and we rode on this wonderful small sized train ( remember back then there was not the type of things available now) and years later I learned is was Walt's. Now I did not get to meet him but that was pretty darn close.

I don’t think anyone I know has met Walt, unfortunately... And to meet him yourself you’d have to be at least in your 60s. And I doubt there are that many seniors on these forums
One here whipper snapper (LOL) and I came pretty close to meeting Walt. I got to ride the train he built. Still consider WDW as our vacation go to just wish they would pick it up like it was in the 90's and earl 2000.

Minnie Mum

I don’t think anyone I know has met Walt, unfortunately... And to meet him yourself you’d have to be at least in your 60s. And I doubt there are that many seniors on these forums

You're awfully new on these boards, so we'll cut you a little slack. I'm not sure where you got the assumption that seniors aren't Disney fans and/or don't frequent internet sites.

One here whipper snapper (LOL) and I came pretty close to meeting Walt. I got to ride the train he built. Still consider WDW as our vacation go to just wish they would pick it up like it was in the 90's and earl 2000.
You're awfully new on these boards, so we'll cut you a little slack. I'm not sure where you got the assumption that seniors aren't Disney fans and/or don't frequent internet sites.
I think you meant to send this to someone else, I'm definitely a senior just not at heart

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm guessing neither Eisner nor Iger ever met Walt? Theoretically it's possible, but they would have both been rather young when he died.

Only if walt had shook their hand in line at Disneyland....

Iger would have been 15 when Disney died. Eisner was in his early 20’s and hadn’t established himself yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom