Did we miss the crowds?

JohnByers

For the most part I wonder with such an early easter this year if we have missed the "majority" of the spring break crowds on our trip next week (4/6 - 4/12). Whats everyone think?

With the advent of "all-year' schools, and with Easter having been early this year, a lot of school districts around the country have thier spring breaks through April. I doubt there will be the amount of people there were around Easter, but dont expect an absence of springbreak families.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Believe me, even if it's crowded, you'll still have an amazing trip =) Just be smart with fastpasses and be sure to take breaks and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Philo

I'll be there from the 14th and according to crowd estimates, we haven't missed the spring break. I have no real knowledge but I think that this year the spring breaks in different regions are so different that Disney World will have a pretty high level of crowds for a long time rather than very heavy crowds for a short time if that makes sense.

Either way, your still in Disney World so it's bound to be a great time!

Upvote 0
Not that it'll help much, but you missed the Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota Spring Breaks 4 sure (at least for public universities)... ;~)

We went SB of last year, and yeah, it was horrendous. BUT...with patience and knowing our way around (and guessing because you're on these boards you've probably been before?), we still managed to ride EVERY ride - some twice! We went EARLY, ate lunch and relaxed on slow rides during the afternoon, and revved up again for the evening. Crowds and heat were unbearable between 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., fyi.

Since most SBs are around Easter time, I think you'll be much better off. HAVE FUN!! :~)

Upvote 0
Like everypne else has said there is schools that will be on break then. I know in Augusta they wait until Masters, which is the week going to let the kids out.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

I don't know about other resorts but Wilderness Lodge is OVERbooked for that time. We will be there for part of that time too and am very concerned!!! With that said we will still make the best of it and have a great time!

Upvote 0

Philo

I don't know about other resorts but Wilderness Lodge is OVERbooked for that time. We will be there for part of that time too and am very concerned!!! With that said we will still make the best of it and have a great time!

What does it mean to be overbooked? Are they just hoping that some people wont turn up or are they planning on upgrading?

Upvote 0

coasterphil

There are still plenty of schools that have spring break that week. I know metro Atlanta schools have their break then, and a lot of them travel down here.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

What does it mean to be overbooked? Are they just hoping that some people wont turn up or are they planning on upgrading?

I am not sure what they plan on doing. A family friend works there and was looking into if she could get me a discount on my room and when she called they told her that we couldn't get a discount b/c not only was the hotel booked but in fact it was overbooked.

Most of CT has their break the week of the 14th-18th too. They always do 3rd week in April.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Our school district has their break next week (actually starting on Friday)...we always have it the first full week of April and this will be our 4th trip during that time. Always busy but last year was much worse with easter being during that time.

But I know we will have a great time no matter what!

Enjoy your trip :wave:

Upvote 0

3fordisney

My son is out for spring break April 14th-18th. We are in central Alabama and are one of the few who hasn't had sb yet. Some of the other counties already had theirs in March. We had it the same time last year and really enjoyed the trip. Next year, Easter is the 12th so we are a little concerned about if we'll return during sb or not.

Right now we are just waiting for the 12th to get here!!! WDW here we come!:dazzle:

Upvote 0

xsupaxmanxsfnex

My school's SB is I believe the 14th-18th and I am from new England and I know of 3 of my friends that are heading down there at that time so I don't know what it will be like if everyone down there has already had theirs and we haven't yet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom