Did they remove Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah from Festival of Fantasy?

Midwest Elitist

The song Zip A Dee Do Da was a derivation from a pre Civil war song that was racist.
No evidence of this. The claim comes from this book, and it never states this as a fact.

Walt Disney1955

People seem to jump on the band wagon either for or against something without knowing the facts. The song Zip A Dee Do Da was a derivation from a pre Civil war song that was racist. However the actors portraying the characters in the film did not.
Hattie McDaniel told The Criterion, “If I had for one moment considered any part of the picture degrading or harmful to my people I would not have appeared therein.” Star James Baskett agreed, saying, “I believe that certain groups are doing my race more harm in seeking to create dissension than can ever possibly come out of the Song of the South.” I would venture to say many people today would not know who Hattie McDanial or James Baskett were --IMO great actors
Disney as a private company can do what they want --that's the bottom line end of story

They seem to have this new era of decision makers that have come in that seem to be almost ashamed of what Disney accomplished. How many of us automatically become nostalgic when we hear "Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da"? Here is the Cosby family with one of their Disney promos. Strangely enough, Bill was never in these. It couldn't be that he was too expensive, might of been a conflict of interest with another thing he promoted that was in his contract or something. Anyway, can you tell the song the Cosby family is singing in this promo?

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame they don't do the front gate welcome show anymore as they would have had to alter the song now when the train arrives as it plays while they sing Casey Jr's song..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom