Did the hotels stop giving out toothbrushes for free?

tanc

Original Poster
I brought a few single use toothbrushes but I wanted to get a more multi use option. I went to the front desk of all star movies and they said I have to go into the shop and pay for one. I know it is my fault more not bringing a more temporary solution, but the plan disney site is misleading as they say resorts give them out for free. Practically any chain hotel will give you a toothbrush if you need one.

I brought a few single use toothbrushes but I wanted to get a more multi use option. I went to the front desk of all star movies and they said I have to go into the shop and pay for one. I know it is my fault more not bringing a more temporary solution, but the plan disney site is misleading as they say resorts give them out for free. Practically any chain hotel will give you a toothbrush if you need one.
That isn't what I read. It says you have to go to the store there and purchase them.

Tha Realest

1696784728922.png

jaklgreen

Most hotels will have emergency toothbrushes for those who forgot, not to just give out to those who don't want to pack one. Plus if they sell them in the gift shop, and the gift shop is open, there is no reason why you can't buy one. Long gone are the days that hotels give you all of this free stuff. Travel with what you need and don't expect to be given anything anymore.

nickys

Premium Member
Long gone are the days that hotels give you all of this free stuff. Travel with what you need and don't expect to be given anything anymore.
I’ve stayed at several hotels on both sides of the Atlantic over the last few years that would provide certain items free if necessary. Or are you specifically referencing the US Disney hotels?

ppete1975

The difference between a normal hotel having some toiletries to give away is most dont have huge gift shops with lots of things that you might need. Its more of an added convenience in emergencies than something to depend on. Ive also seen lots of newer hotels having a small cubby hole area with a little food and toiletries for sale.

jaklgreen

I’ve stayed at several hotels on both sides of the Atlantic over the last few years that would provide certain items free if necessary. Or are you specifically referencing the US Disney hotels?
I am talking about US hotels. Asia and parts of Europe still will give things out in their hotels. But most US hotels have stopped with all of those amenities almost 2 decades ago. Unless you are staying at a really high end hotel, don't expect much in the rooms.

jaklgreen

The difference between a normal hotel having some toiletries to give away is most dont have huge gift shops with lots of things that you might need. Its more of an added convenience in emergencies than something to depend on. Ive also seen lots of newer hotels having a small cubby hole area with a little food and toiletries for sale.
Exactly, this has been our experience. That many hotels will either have an area where they sell these products or will have some in case of emergency. I can't remember the last time I stayed anywhere that just gave away all of those toiletries as a standard amenity.

nickys

Premium Member
I am talking about US hotels. Asia and parts of Europe still will give things out in their hotels. But most US hotels have stopped with all of those amenities almost 2 decades ago. Unless you are staying at a really high end hotel, don't expect much in the rooms.
The Hyatt Place near the airport (?hotel blvd) had toiletries behind the reception desk in December - mouthwash, shaving gel and razors etc.

jaklgreen

The Hyatt Place near the airport (?hotel blvd) had toiletries behind the reception desk in December - mouthwash, shaving gel and razors etc.
Yes, as I said, many still have them for emergency if you forget it. They are not standard in your room, the the OP was saying. Many hotels will have them behind the counter but actually sell them to you and not just give them away.

Club Cooloholic

Why bring just a few single use ones in the first place and not a multi use one if you know you didn't bring enough? I always found hotel toothbrushes to be good for only an emergency. Better off hitting a dollar store and getting those packs of 6 brushes that are a small step above that free toothbrush.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Once it got out that Dis was giving away free toothbrushes to anyone who asked, every tip site would say dont bother bringing a toothbrush on your trip to save money. Dis would have to find a supplier to stock up every resort and we know that would lead to another price hike. People would be complaining about the number of bristles Dis toothbrushes have and then wonder why doesnt Dis give us free toothpaste with them while they are at it. Which would lead to... wheres my free deodorant. Where would it end?

lewisc

Some Hiltons offer complimentary amenities if guests ask. Toothbrush, toothpaste, razors and shaving cream are examples. Airlines delay luggage. Guests may gave forgotten they used up their toothpaste last trip.

Some guests may have booked a room without advanced plans. Family member hospitalized without advanced notice, admitted from ER. Weather.

it's a nice courtesy.

mf1972

we just came back from a stay at the yacht club water view room. had the usual toiletries plus a vanity kit, shower cap, & mouth wash, but no tooth brushes.

lewisc

we just came back from a stay at the yacht club water view room. had the usual toiletries plus a vanity kit, shower cap, & mouth wash, but no tooth brushes.
Did you ask for a toothbrush? Frequently the extended amenities including comb, "dental kit" and shaving stuff is on demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom