Did Richard Petty Experience today!!!

tigger248

hedgewick said:
My husband and I did it in Charlotte. He drove and I did the ride along which was enough for me. You have to drive a standard and I never learned. It was cool though becasue I was in the M&M car which I always thought had a cute paint scheme. We had a lot of fun! If you ever go to Charlotte and are a NASCAR fan most of the race shops are right in the area and it s really interesting to go and see them. DEI is just outside the area but totally worth finding it. HUGE place with a nice museum-style display area. I went to Charlotte when jerry Nadeau was driving. I was a huge fan so it was cool to go to his shop and see the cars being built. Too bad he isn't driving anymore :(. Maybe someday I'll do the petty ride at Disney too!

My best friend's wedding was in NC last summer and afterwards, we paid a visit to Charlotte Motor Speedway and some of the race shops. It was awesome! We only had a day (and we had to drive the 8 hours back to KY that night), so we only went to a few. I second the recomendation to go check out some of the shops if you're a NASCAR fan. We went to Hendricks to see my man Jeff Gordon's cars being built and DEI (we were there the day after the Chicago race when Jr. won, so we got to see the checker flag too) because my brother is a huge Jr. (and he was a huger Sr. fan...). Now we just want to go back sometime when we have a bit more time. Definitely a neat thing to do though.

I'm still hoping to get to do the driving experience some day. I'll do it eventually, just have to get the money first. My mommy won't pay for that.

bhg469

Yoop33 said:
There was nothing special done. The only thing that seemed funny to me was that you cannot reach higher then 150 (I think) in sixth gear but you an reach about 180 in 5th. Aparantly 6th has a governer on it.

There is an electronic limiter that keeps it @ 155 in sixth but the gearing on those cars won't allow it much faster than that in 5th. It sounds like some crazy race transmission or something. I have definitely beaten m3's before and i know my car wont do over 165 even after i take off the limiter (not that i have taken my car that fast). Sounds like a very cool car indeed but definitely something sneaky goin on and i like it!

Hopefully i can be in florida in the next 18 months permanently, you'll have to get me a ride in that beast.

mrneon606

Sorry about the confusion. My comments werent meant for anyone in this thread. I was reading a couple of differents threads and posted in the wrong one. I apologize to Yoop33 and to anyone else i may have offended or just confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom