Did my DD narrowly miss winning a Dream? What do you think?

kelsar

Original Poster
We were in one of the stores on Main Street USA a couple of weeks ago when a cast member came over to me. "Is this your daughter?" she asked. I told her it was. She then asked me if I had another daughter with me. Thinking maybe my other daughter had gotten lost (it only takes a second), I told her I did. She said, "Oh, sorry, I need a girl who doesn't have a sister."

After she walked off I watched her roam the store for a bit, looking for someone who met her needs. I suspect she may have been a Dream Team member. Does anyone have any idea what she might have been looking for, or what possible prize they'd offer a single girl?

rainfully

Well a lot of times CMs, when they're picking kids for things, maybe little Magical Moments, they like to find only children, so that other siblings don't get jealous. I can't believe she just outright said she was looking for a girl without a sister though... that's strange! I doubt she was on the Dream Squad. Was she wearing a blue shirt and khakis or the costume of the store?

rainfully

:lol: Probably ;)

But I serioiusly doubt it was a Dream Squad member. They don't go around looking for people... they are given a pre-assigned location, and whoever is in that location gets it no matter what.

It was probably just one of the store's CMs looking to do a Magical Moment with a little girl, and didn't want a fight to break out between sisters!

Kamikaze

Supposedly, Dream winners are only individuals. So her having a sister or not wouldn't make a difference.

They could have been using her for something else, however.

Pioneer Hall

Supposedly, Dream winners are only individuals. So her having a sister or not wouldn't make a difference.

They could have been using her for something else, however.

They are usually individuals...but a lot of times a family consisting of individuals wins. I am also surprised that they played it off that way...it would have been better if the CM had buttons or something and gave them to you for the girls while getting her question answered. This way it doesn't just seem like outright rejection.

Kamikaze

They are usually individuals...but a lot of times a family consisting of individuals wins. I am also surprised that they played it off that way...it would have been better if the CM had buttons or something and gave them to you for the girls while getting her question answered. This way it doesn't just seem like outright rejection.

But the winner is supposed to be always an individual. Them being with or without others isn't supposed to play a part in it.

coasterphil

It was likely a CM trying to do a Magical Moment. They have a bit of control as to who they pick for those and try to find the best fit for whatever it is they are going to do. In this case the moment may have been meant for one little girl and they had found in the past that things get ugly if the lucky girl has a sibling that doens't get to participate in the moment so CMs look for an "only girl."

Chape19714

Don't you wish you could rewind time and ask the CM
It was most likely the Magical Moment for the Emporium Gallery "Fairy Godmother in Training", where a child gets to dress "Cinderella" for her royal night at the ball. She gets to use all sorts of accessories like Hair Clips, shoes, etc. It can only be done by an "only" girl, to prevent sibling rivalry.

If you were on the west side of MS shopping, I'm 99.999% Sure that would be it.

sarabi

Wow. Whatever reason the CM was looking for a single girl without a sister, she could've been less blatant about it. After all, what is a magical moment if it's preceded by a dozen "rejection moments". She could've made *you* feel special too even if it didn't involve a ceremony and certificate by simply continuing the conversation "Is it your first time in Disneyworld? How are the kids liking it? Have a magical day..." etc. It only takes a moment no matter the urgency (unless of course the single girl without the sister was having a seizure or something and needed medical attention.
Sounds like the CM needs some coaching. If it really bothered you, I would probably get with Guest Services and mention the location at least and what happened and what should've happened.

kelsar

Original Poster
It was most likely the Magical Moment for the Emporium Gallery "Fairy Godmother in Training", where a child gets to dress "Cinderella" for her royal night at the ball. She gets to use all sorts of accessories like Hair Clips, shoes, etc. It can only be done by an "only" girl, to prevent sibling rivalry.

If you were on the west side of MS shopping, I'm 99.999% Sure that would be it.

This is the original poster speaking: We WERE on the West Side of Main Street, at about 4pm. Your answer does seem logical; that's probably what it was. Too bad!

And for the last poster, I wasn't upset about it, and I certainly didn't want to complain. I was just curious.

Thanks for your answers, everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom