Did anyone see the story that LL is 93% of ride capacity?

peter11435

This came across my news feed but I can't find it now anywhere. Did anyone else see this?

Found it
That’s kind of a misleading way to look at. But those numbers are the same as they were for Fastpass+. The overall number of G+ LL issued is significantly less than FP+ though. At least for now. It’s also significantly less than 93% of capacity

And remember that those using Genie+ are not the only guests using the LL.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Sneaky way to get back to what used to be a regular line except now they charge extra so your park admittance fee only covers walking around on the sidewalks or free entry to the souvenir shops. Can't wait to see what happens when summer gets here again and it becomes a permanent cluster.

Let me see, if all they had was one, first come, first served, line that would be 100%. Now you can speed through a line that is 93%! I was never the sharpest knife in the drawer when it came to math, but the difference is physically scarcely discernible in my mind. Now we get to pay for what was once free. Oh, and yes, back in "the day" it also varied by attraction, crowd level and usage. Nothing has really changed except executive bonus's have now gotten even bigger. As usual the public will base their experience on what they think is something extra if it cost more.

Yes, I know all about the window times so instead of standing for a few minutes in a line with an end goal you now spend the same amount of time pulling out your hair trying to figure out what you can fit in and still make your window, walk additional miles to do so and probably spend more money on snacks while you wait for your time to pop up. Those management folks don't get those big bucks for not being clever.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Well, other than the fact that you have to pay for it now. One could argue that people will tolerate longer return lines in an unpaid system but are less likely to do so when they've paid for it.
The only way to fix that supposed problem is to allocate even more to LL.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

As we just got BACK from WDW... Expect a couple of things?

1) Average Stand By Wait of 40 to 120 Minutes.
2) Published "Wait Times" are Baloney - some far shorter, some far longer. Bring back the "Red Card" truth.

BillyGr

Sneaky way to get back to what used to be a regular line except now they charge extra so your park admittance fee only covers walking around on the sidewalks or free entry to the souvenir shops. Can't wait to see what happens when summer gets here again and it becomes a permanent cluster.
Seems the fees also include any attraction as long as you are willing to wait for it. I'm sure there's still a few things that either don't have the speed lines or if they do aren't busy enough for it to make a difference, so you could at least get into those.

Isn't that (more or less) going back to the original format, where admission (though of course much cheaper) only let you in to a few things and then you paid extra for the rest if you wanted to see them (the lettered tickets era)?

RollerCoaster

That’s kind of a misleading way to look at. But those numbers are the same as they were for Fastpass+. The overall number of G+ LL issued is significantly less than FP+ though. At least for now. It’s also significantly less than 93% of capacity

And remember that those using Genie+ are not the only guests using the LL.
Do you work for Disney?

buckeyegator

As we just got BACK from WDW... Expect a couple of things?

1) Average Stand By Wait of 40 to 120 Minutes.
2) Published "Wait Times" are Baloney - some far shorter, some far longer. Bring back the "Red Card" truth.
seems the reported wait times for the more desired attractions are longer due to more LL usage, less for the others due to less LL demand. should expect RoR, FoP, M and M railway to be longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom