Did 20k only run during the day?

Phineas

Original Poster
One of my favorite attractions is The Jungle Cruise-and I always like to ride it at least once at night, as the experience is totally different, and almost scary as you wind through the show scenes. Anyway, I never got to experience 20k-it was closed for a refurb during my first visit and gone forever when I returned a few years later. And the ride itself has always intrigued me. Does anyone know if it only operated during daylight hours, or if it was lit for night? Somehow, the thought of seeing (or not seeing) everything at night sounds like it'd be pretty eerie.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It ran during the night. Much of the ride was inside a show building anyway so that part is the same. The outdoor portion was lit for the night time. Check out day vs night videos of the Nemo Subs from DL to get an idea of the difference for the outside portion.

Phineas

Original Poster
It ran during the night. Much of the ride was inside a show building anyway so that part is the same. The outdoor portion was lit for the night time. Check out day vs night videos of the Nemo Subs from DL to get an idea of the difference for the outside portion.
So...not sure how I missed your reply more than 2 years ago, but thanks!

Edit: Sorry for the thread bump, everyone! My very first trip to WDW was right after 20k closed for "refurbishment", so the ride itself has always mystified me. I love the movie, envy Tokyo's version, and hope that WDW somehow gets a Nautilus fleet again in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom