DHS Update (aka Sounds Dangerous...IS OPEN!?)

GizmoDuck

Original Poster
You read that correctly, swung by the studios yesterday only to see that Sounds Dangerous was in fact open and operational...

However, the attraction is in horrible shape, both exterior and interior. Didn't get to ask around why it was open though, perhaps to accommodate the RNRC refurb?

Villians in Vogue was closed, is a known refurb taking place?

Exprcoofto

You read that correctly, swung by the studios yesterday only to see that Sounds Dangerous was in fact open and operational...

However, the attraction is in horrible shape, both exterior and interior. Didn't get to ask around why it was open though, perhaps to accommodate the RNRC refurb?

Villians in Vogue was closed, is a known refurb taking place?

Sounds Dangerous reopened when MuppetVision went down, and will stay open through RNRC's refurb.

Wannabe Walt

As already said, it opened when Muppets went down. I did it last week sometime for the first time. I went in with very low expectations, came out somewhat surprised -- it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. But yes, appearance wise the whole thing is in terrible shape.

WDWExplorer

Banned
am I in the minority when I say I like the 3d audio experiences? Song of the Rainforest, Soundsations, Sounds Dangerous... And the long gone, but not forgotten Audio Antics

Figment82

Isn't Villains in Vogue also a sweets shop too?

I love the one stop shop atmosphere!

Sweet Spells is still open - there's a black refurb wall separating the two. We went over to trade Vinyls and were surprised to find the store closed.

PeoplemoverTTA

am I in the minority when I say I like the 3d audio experiences? Song of the Rainforest, Soundsations, Sounds Dangerous... And the long gone, but not forgotten Audio Antics

Is it bad that I've grown to love 3D sound and getting a virtual haircut?

I think 3D sound works really well in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln over at DL.

Back in 2004, I made my family sit through Sounds Dangerous because I wanted to do "everything" ...we missed the Hunchback Show for it (and never ended up seeing it...ever...before it closed). My family still laughs about how bad SD is and how I "made" them see it (yes yes...it's my fault) :eek:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I love Sounds Dangerous, Ok admittedly half of that enjoyment comes from knowing all the germaphobes will be apoplectic that they have to use headphones that have touched others.

rdour@techminds

I could never figure out why they didn't just have a few seats with the headphone ports exposed for those who would rather provide their own listening devices. I would have rather plugged in my iPod buds than used those headphones. They were similar to the free headphones found on some flights, barely qualifying as listenable. Better yet, I would have rather used my Sure SE 530s just to see if I could hear more detail in the audio. I doubt I'll ever get the chance, because the second they have something better to throw in there that thing is gone.

lentesta

Premium Member
Saw Sounds Dangerous a couple of weeks ago. The pre-show trivia game is unintentionally harder now, since it asks questions about minor characters from ABC TV shows which have been off the air for a decade. its

Also, the guest headsets are in poor repair: the cushions are missing on many of the earpieces, bits of plastic are chipped from others, and the whole theater smells musty.

DisneyWales

HAHAH I remember watching this YEARS ago, it was fun, but now't special!!!

Its funny when you think of boxed attractions that get rolled out to help capacity.

This was how I finally got to do Body Wars and Cranium Command a few years back, it was open over spring to help with capacity.

WDWExplorer

Banned
I could never figure out why they didn't just have a few seats with the headphone ports exposed for those who would rather provide their own listening devices. I would have rather plugged in my iPod buds than used those headphones. They were similar to the free headphones found on some flights, barely qualifying as listenable. Better yet, I would have rather used my Sure SE 530s just to see if I could hear more detail in the audio. I doubt I'll ever get the chance, because the second they have something better to throw in there that thing is gone.

one reason, and one reason only... copyright.. it would be too easy to connect a recoridng device and completely duplicate the show at home.. Yes, I know the therre are recordings of sound dangerous out there, but none of them are a true 'line recording' of the show.... just binaural mics positioned on the headphones... not nearly as good

Pens24

Will Sounds Dangerous remain open for the first Star Wars Weekend?....heading down this weekend hoping to catch it when it is open

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom