DHS FP+ TSMM vs RnRC

DHS Top Tier FP+

• Total voters

Ember

Original Poster
So thanks to the "wonderful" tiering at DHS we are forced to choose a FP+ between a ride we have never been on (TSMM) and our favorite ride (RnRC). Which one would you choose?

Ember

Original Poster
Should have mentioned that we won't be able to make it to DHS until 11 or so because in-laws are leaving that day and we have to do breakfast with them.

Sbates19

I am a fan of TSMM. It is like a rolling video game but still a fun ride. Especially since you have never been on it I would definitely try to give it a shot. It's one of my favorite rides there. I would say you have to experience it at least once. SAV is right that the stand by wait will be shorter for RnRC then it wil be for TSMM. This is my first post on here and hope it was helpful!

Ember

Original Poster
I am a fan of TSMM. It is like a rolling video game but still a fun ride. Especially since you have never been on it I would definitely try to give it a shot. It's one of my favorite rides there. I would say you have to experience it at least once. SAV is right that the stand by wait will be shorter for RnRC then it wil be for TSMM. This is my first post on here and hope it was helpful!
Welcome!! And yes it was helpful :) I appreciate it! We've always avoided it because we never get to DHS at opening and the fastpasses are always gone. I'm just a little hesitant because the same thing happened with Soarin' and when we finally rode it I was underwhelmed after all the hype.

Sbates19

Thanks and good I am glad! I like the 3D aspect of it. It's cool how it works. I can understand that. Where you sit on soarin' has a big effect on how the ride is. But good luck and if you end up going on TSMM you will have to let us know how you liked it!

CheshireCat12

I voted RnRC because if it is your favorite then you probably want to be sure you get on it!
Plus I can't understand why the hype for TSMM. I just don't care for those types of ride/shoot/score games.

Ember

Original Poster
Wow TSMM 12, RnRC 0 so far.
FP for TSMM and use single-rider line for RNRC?
I was thinking about doing that, but do you, or anyone else, happen to know if there is an age requirement for single rider? My 8 year old loves this ride as well, but I don't know if they will let him do the single rider?

Ember

Original Poster
Thanks and good I am glad! I like the 3D aspect of it. It's cool how it works. I can understand that. Where you sit on soarin' has a big effect on how the ride is. But good luck and if you end up going on TSMM you will have to let us know how you liked it!
I know so little about it that I didn't even know it's 3D! That's cool! So it's like a 3D version of Buzz? Buzz is one of our top rides at MK :)

Last edited:

Ember

Original Poster
So I'm thinking I'll keep our TSMM FP and brave the lines at RnRC. It'll be our first time riding without a fast pass *gasp*. My youngest is too young to ride so we can get do a child swap and then my oldest will get to ride it twice so that's a plus. Any recommendations for times to ride other than when the park first opens? During Fantasmic?

Redhawk

Wow TSMM 12, RnRC 0 so far.

I was thinking about doing that, but do you, or anyone else, happen to know if there is an age requirement for single rider? My 8 year old loves this ride as well, but I don't know if they will let him do the single rider?
I think as long as your child is tall enough and not afraid to ride separately from you, then the single rider line should not be a problem.

Sbates19

I know so little about it that I didn't even know it's 3D! That's cool! So it's like a 3D version of Buzz? Buzz is one of our top rides at MK :)
Exactly! But it is much better than Buzz. Your arm will be tired after you are done but its worth it! I think your plan you have set up is a good idea. I would say riding RnRC during Fantasmic is a good time. Most of the rides have very little wait time during that time.

Ember

Original Poster
Problem solved. We have about 6 hours to waste on our departure day so we added an extra day to our tickets. So now we are going to FP+ TSMM on the first day at DHS and RnRC the other day. We don't usually spend an entire day at DHS, let alone two, but we figure we can do the rides the first day and then do Indy and all the other shows my kids haven't seen the second day.

horizons82

Glad you found a happy solution!

Going back to TSMM for a moment, as much as I love the ride and while it is a must-do for me when I visit DHS, I am still a tad disappointed in the set-up of it.

Don't get me wrong--TSMM is a fun ride, but I wish it was more like BLSS in that it was more of an omnimover-style ride that moved though individual scenes and different rooms with immersive Toy Story scenery rather than just be moving from screen to screen and having targets. As fun as it is, I was disappointed with the lack of actual 'ride' beyond just the 3-D effect with the screens and the game.

IMO, BLSS feels more like a real 'ride', whereas TSMM is more of a game, but I'd still pick TSMM over BLSS anyday. If TSMM would have been built as a similar-style ride as BLSS I think it would have been MUCH better than it already is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom