DHS FastPass Tiers Have Changed along with FP+ for Smugglers Run

mikejs78

Premium Member
So - one data point only and it's just a snapshot in time. Things will have to be measured over the next two weeks to see real trends, but:

* At 9 AM today, with FP+, MF:SR had a wait time of 140 minutes. Contrast that to yesterday, without FO, and the wait time at 9 AM was 160 minutes.
* Contrast that to Slinky, which both today and yesterday had wait times at 9AM of 180 minutes (so similar crowd levels...)

Will be interesting to watch as the day goes on.
Wait times seem to be dropping at a similar rate to yesterday. And that's with both SDD and TSM down.

gorillaball

Wait times seem to be dropping at a similar rate to yesterday. And that's with both SDD and TSM down.
Seems to be holding higher to me now into early afternoon, which isn’t a surprise and doesn’t say much except fuels the biased opinions on both sides. Yes stand by generally will wait longer now, offset by anybody with FP+ that will wait less than before. Same amount of people will ride in X amount of time. That’s bad for the non planned guest and good for the planned guess.
Where is the merge point? - is it just before Hondo?

jinx8402

Seems to be holding higher to me now into early afternoon, which isn’t a surprise and doesn’t say much except fuels the biased opinions on both sides. Yes stand by generally will wait longer now, offset by anybody with FP+ that will wait less than before. Same amount of people will ride in X amount of time. That’s bad for the non planned guest and good for the planned guess.

Yeah, just before Hondo. When I rope dropped in November, we were in front of the pack enough that they sent us through the FP queue and it merges before Hondo.

mikejs78

Premium Member
No, theory is standby time stays relatively the same throughout the day -standby wait time isn't longer but feels longer because there are fewer people in line.

However today is shaping up not to be a great test case as multiple other attractions (including Slinky ) have had downtimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom