DHS: 2014 vs 2021

Which park would you rather visit?

• Total voters

MorphinePrince

Minus the inexplicable removal of the Osbourne Lights and the GMR, DHS in 2021 is leaps and bounds better than the travesty that was 2014. This park has so much potential and if they would actually invest in putting riveting live entertainment into the venues instead of lame sing-alongs and mediocre high school productions like BatB, DHS could easily be one of the best parks at WDW. I don't know why they can't bring a few of the shows from DCL over; the Golden Mickeys would be a fantastic addition to the park.

Animaniac93-98

Forget 2021 or 2014. I'd rather visit mid to late 90s MGM Studios.

Me too. If I had to pick a year, maybe 1999 after RnRC opened?

Here's the park map from that holiday season, looks like great fun and still a working studio (at least for animation)!

1625446873953.png

DonaldDoleWhip

Yeah, looking at that map...DHS 2021 please.

GMR is a huge loss, and the Earful Tower was a fun 'bonus' icon, but the park's core attractions are generally more fun now. Agreed that better entertainment would be ideal, and I wish the park had more water features, but what's there is mostly solid.

Also glad they haven't messed with Brown Derby - it'll always be a favorite of mine for the Cobb salad alone.

Haymarket2008

While 2021 has been better for the park, I don't think it is a better park than say.....1999. It still is not a park I can wholeheartedly recommend to anyone in its current iteration.

Galaxy's Edge is wonderful and a majorly positive addition to the park.

Runaway Railway, while adorable and a huge amount of fun is (and I know I'll get flack for this) an objectively inferior experience to GMR. Comparing both rides, as the crown jewels they attempt to be in the Chinese Theatre, it is a downgrade for me.

Not to mention 25+ year stage shows that desperately need updates....they are extremely below standard.

And Toy Story Land, while charming, is a little too close to "generic theme park" for my liking.

While progress is most certainly being made, it has a LONG way to go. Thankfully Tower, Muppets and RnRc are still holding down the fort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom