Details on a Few Rides

stuey222

Original Poster
Hey all,

Just booked my 5 year old daughter's first trip! It's been a few years since we went (Sept 2014), so I'm looking for some details on a few rides so I can assess the scare factor for her.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway - From everything I've read, it's the same track layout as great movie ride and there aren't any prolonged sections in pitch black, is that correct?
Smuggler's Run - Looks like a simulator like Star Tours with interactive elements?
Rise of the Resistance - Seems like it might be quick at times, what would be comparable? The other element I've read about that could be a problem is the "drop", is it fully virtual or do you physically drop?

Any other advice on rides/attractions you've had a lot of success with your younger daughters is welcome!

JohnD

Hey all,

Just booked my 5 year old daughter's first trip! It's been a few years since we went (Sept 2014), so I'm looking for some details on a few rides so I can assess the scare factor for her.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway - From everything I've read, it's the same track layout as great movie ride and there aren't any prolonged sections in pitch black, is that correct? Not necessarily. The "rooms" are approximately the same but it's not an actual track. This is a trackless ride, nor is it 3D. It doesn't go up or down, although there is a segment which looks like you're going over a waterfall but that is visual only.
Smuggler's Run - Looks like a simulator like Star Tours with interactive elements? Yes, but the same mission every time. The "difference" is what people do when they press buttons or flip switches at their seats. Some people get miffed about what others do. I wouldn't get worked up over it. Just enjoy the experience.
Rise of the Resistance - Seems like it might be quick at times, what would be comparable? The other element I've read about that could be a problem is the "drop", is it fully virtual or do you physically drop? This has elements of everything -- trackless ride, flight simulator, drops. Loud noises (blasters, lightsabers, etcs.) It's full on excitement. Basically, you'll have to make a determination if okay for your daughter.

Any other advice on rides/attractions you've had a lot of success with your younger daughters is welcome!
Responses in quote above.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey all,

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway - From everything I've read, it's the same track layout as great movie ride and there aren't any prolonged sections in pitch black, is that correct? I can't remember a single section that I would consider dark. You should be able to find a ride through video to confirm.
Smuggler's Run - Looks like a simulator like Star Tours with interactive elements? Correct.
Rise of the Resistance - Seems like it might be quick at times, what would be comparable? The other element I've read about that could be a problem is the "drop", is it fully virtual or do you physically drop? Rise is what I would call an intense dark ride. There is noting in WDW that is really comparable. It is trackless and there are moments where the ride vehicles will move quite quickly, circle each other, move backward, etc. There is one instance where your car will go up somewhat rapidly and the drop is an actual drop. It is only about 15', but it is not slow. It is loud with quite a few explosions. Like with Runaway, you should be able to find a ride-through video that will fill in all the details.

See responses above

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom