Destiny/Fate at Disney?

Tiggerfanatic

I met my husband at work. Our dads worked for the same company, also. Every year, the company would host a family picnic at a local amusement park. We figure we met at Kiddyland when we were 5 and didn't know it.

Rob562

My life is often full of random coincidences and freaky timing.

On my trip to L.A. back in 2003 or so, in addition to two days at Disneyland I took a solo day at Magic Mountain. At the end of the day I was in line for one more ride on X and started chatting with three women in line behind me. When we got to the front I was grouped up with them for the ride. Afterward, we were asked if we wanted to ride again because there was still 5 minutes before closing and they'd already closed off and cleared the queue, so we ran from the unload platform back to the load platform and rode again. After the second ride, the park had closed so I said my goodbyes to the three women, and away I went.

Fast forward 3 or 4 days later, and my parents and I went to see a taping of the Tonight Show with tickets I'd mailed away for months beforehand. We're way up in the balcony over at the extreme side. Five minutes before taping starts, who do I see being ushered to reserved seating down below on the main floor? Those three women! During one of the commercial breaks I was able to wave and get the attention of one of them, and they waved back. (As they had reserved seats, I'm thinking they were friends of either Leno or one of the guests on the show that day)

So what are the chances that I'd meet those three women, and then days later they'd just HAPPEN to be at the same taping as me, for a show that I'd gotten tickets for a couple months in advance?

-Rob

jennc2001

There was the exact same thread posted earlier....y'all should check the threads before posting a new one just in case :wave:

lilclerk

I met my husband at work. Our dads worked for the same company, also. Every year, the company would host a family picnic at a local amusement park. We figure we met at Kiddyland when we were 5 and didn't know it.
Aw my boyfriend's father and my father grew up together and worked together (with our grandfathers!) at the same company for years, and he and I met through a mutual friend when we were 20. Funny how life works like that :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom