News Destination D23 2023

MarvelCharacterNerd

They probably should have tried it with training wheels before they got up on the big bike again given the results.....
They've had years to get the Expo right and they've yet to manage it, pandemic or not. It's always been chaotic and exhausting but still generally worth going for one day IMO.

JoeCamel

They've had years to get the Expo right and they've yet to manage it, pandemic or not. It's always been chaotic and exhausting but still generally worth going for one day IMO.
Generally we get something of substance out of all the attempts to be master showmen but last year was pretty much "wha"

NotCalledBob

For reference, the larger CA-based D23 Expos were originally run in odd-numbered years and the smaller FL-based Destination D events were held in even-numbered years, so the Expo would have logically landed in Anaheim for 2023 for the 100 year anniversary of the company.

However, the pandemic meant no events were held in 2020 or 2021 and rather than just picking up with the smaller FL event in 2022 and having the bigger CA event in 2023, someone made the decision to run the missed 2021 Expo in CA in 2022, which threw off all future events on the calendar. So FL wound up with the small event for 2023 instead of CA's large convention which originally would have had it. Doesn't make sense to me to have done it that way, but obviously it made sense to someone at Disney.
Oooooops.

How did not one executive stop everyone and say. Hey guys. We have nothing to present to everyone this year. Let's go and do a bit of prancing around on stage in FL, and then bring D23 back with a bang during the 100th when we actually have something to say?

Not one executive? Really?? And I actually believe they could have sold this to Chapek. The guy hated fan events.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oooooops.

How did not one executive stop everyone and say. Hey guys. We have nothing to present to everyone this year. Let's go and do a bit of prancing around on stage in FL, and then bring D23 back with a bang during the 100th when we actually have something to say?

Not one executive? Really?? And I actually believe they could have sold this to Chapek. The guy hated fan events.
You should definitely cancel your D23 membership in protest.

donsullivan

Premium Member
For those of you have attended in the past, how does the parking work? Can attendees park at the Contemporary Resort to attend the conference?
Nope. Unless you are staying at Contemporary, they aggressively enforce the parking restrictions during those events. Everyone is supposed to park at MK guest parking. If you’re staying at another Disney resort, just take a bus to MK and walk over.

Kamikaze

That's all large conventions though. You're trying to pack a ton of people and events into a short period of time. Its always rushed and crazy. Not Disney's fault.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
When are the tickets for D23 2023 going on sale?

Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET.

Pricing -

General: $329 (+$7 Processing) per ticket
Preferred: $549 (+$7 Processing) per ticket

BrianLo

I'm surprised it is more costly than Anaheim, but I guess it's rather capacity limited by comparison? I do fear people are attaching a little too much hope to this particular event, I don't recall it ever really having any announcements of substance. Though there are better stars aligning I guess.

Also for the complaints up thread back in January... D23 in Anaheim was about a heck of a lot more than just the parks. There was plenty of movie and show news they needed to cover, especially after a three year break. There's still a ton of footage and even trailers the public has yet to even see from that event.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Pricing -

Oof those prices.

raking season 8 GIF

Cmdr_Crimson

Pricing -

All for that to luckily find Tshirts that are my size before their sold out 10 minutes in and be totally dissapointed to find out it will just be a recap and minor updates of what was told at the Expo....
nah-im-good-sip-beer.gif

yensid1967

Unless they are announcing other MAJOR Attractions or the 5th Park...I think this is a waste of time and another money grab! Some of the offerings are things that are known by even the non-Disney fan, things that can be found on the internet by a simple search! My advice, DON NOT BUY A TICKET, AND LET THEM SEE HOW THE FANS ARE REACTING TO ALL THE HIGH PRICES, STUPID GENIE, AND PARK RESERVATIONS!!!

FAN, TAKE A STAND!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom